Thread: 3rd Annual Laughlin to Havasu or bust

caribbean20
    Couple of old high school buddies and me (Utica (MI) HS, Class of '75) are doing our 3rd annual Laughlin to Havasu round trip in my 20.5' Caribbean jet weekend of 5/18-21. Noticed a new (alleged) no-wake zone in Topoc on the Sandbar thread, any other artificial issues to worry about on the trip down (other than the always entertaining Colorado River)? My boat has thru-transom, below-the-water-line and under-the-swim-step exhaust, so I just back it down and stay inconspicuous when around John Law.
    The trip has gained in popularity and has now grown to a fleet of . . . one. Our itinerary, in case anyone wants to stop by for a coldie and a stogey:
    5/18 Lake Mohave and gasoline alley. Room and slip at Katherine’s. Holding court in the bar attached to Tale ‘O The Whale AFTER a day on the water. We are the 3 old guys, puffing stogs and telling lies (at least the other 2).
    5/19 Launch below Davis dam and make the trip to London Bridge Resort, several stops in between, including sandbar. Heard there are some good spots elsewhere (Needles, Avi, etc.), but never have stopped. Recommendations welcome. Room and slip at London Bridge Resort.
    5/20 Gas up, get those awesome submarine sandwiches at that place next to LBR, head back to Laughlin (stop at sandbar). Stay at Ramada, eat at that steak house in Harrah’s.
    If someone would be kind enough to post/direct me to instructions on how to upload pictures, I will post a picture of my barge. This trip is the highlight of my boating season, glad to have a toast with anyone who stops by.
    Regards,
    Doug

Floored
    sounds like a blast. I haven't seen the new no-wake zone yet,but it may be a good idea in that area. Only place LE may look at you is in the Zoo, but I doubt it. Just be sure to have all safety gear, spare stogies and a throwable and your good to go.