Thread: Washing machine HELP!

EXTRMBT
    I know this is not a boat related question but everybody seems to know a little bit of everything here. My washing machine suds at the drain :220v: . We have used Low E detergent, and even cut detergent use in half as a suggestion from the MFG. The drain hose is sealed with a rubber bung but the suds are still present. The water drains fine so the drain is not clogged. Have any of you guys or gals experienced this or have any suggestions for a remedy or fix? :frown: :frown: :frown:

JetBoatRich
    You have to many SUDS?

Creator
    It's broken, Get a washboard and a bucket!

uvindex
    My washing machine suds at the drain.Are you saying that suds are overflowing at the drain or something else?
    The drain hose is sealed with a rubber bungSealed with a what??
    Here's a thread that discusses a problem that sounds similar to yours: http://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum/archive/t-6573.html According to these guys you can see this because of a partial clog (read the thread for details.)
    Good luck!

HocusPocus
    have you tried running a snake down the drain pipe? even if water seems to be draining ok... there still could be something in the way.

HighRoller
    Yeah, what he said...run a snake into your bunghole :jawdrop:

HocusPocus
    Yeah, what he said...run a snake into your bunghole :jawdrop:
    is that what i said?? :messedup: :messedup:

EXTRMBT
    I have snaked the pipe from the washer end and it was clear. It looks like I need to snake a bit further from the washer. Thanks to all for the help.

Essexive G's
    Snake the water line vent from the roof down. The water is burping it's way down.

riverroyal
    its called suds buildup,,,its not venting correctly,the bubbles have no where to go,,which means the vent through the roof is blocked or partially blocked,or the drain line going out of the house is partially blocked or doesnt have proper fall/grade,this happened at my old house,is the home new?