Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Prop slip and speed

acatitude
    I don't want to hijack my own thread but DAMN. 996hp. Sounds like a killer ride.
    You ever make it up to Orroville or Shasta?
    this year I broke the crank on my old motor(bowtie540) and was down till just before labor day. visited orriville a few times last year and was at both cat attacks at shasta this year. 1st one with old motor and last with new. we go to shasta a few times a year, mostly berryessa and the delta and folsom sometimes. Thanks I'm real happy with the new motor so far. its the drive im worried about,lol.
    Larry Peto built it and I cant say enough about it although I only have about 10 hours on it so far.
    It pulls real hard through mid range up to the low 100's then the weight of boat makes it take a while to get to top speed. it weighs in a little under 5000lbs so its a heavy sow to get to top speed.
    we will get to orriville a few times next season and hook up. let me know if you get down the delta way

Carbon Dave
    Stem Powr gear ratios I believe are 1.6 or 2.0. You should have the 1.6.
    I checked the ratio tonight. It is indeed a 1.3
    Another thing is the boat is a pig out of the hole. If I use low gear on my tranny (powerglide) it is MUCH better but the shift into high bogs the motor down quite a bit.
    I now think I need a larger diameter prop and maybe less pitch to get the motor to run at a higher RPM I will get this thing sorted out.....maybe not this year though...LOL.
    I also want to thank HeavyHitter. He has been a great help via email.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123