Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: tunnel ram fuel injection

progplb
    Injection is nice we all agree. It is just how it is done is the big question. I agree that electronic injection would be the way to go if it is going to be lake boat just to run up an down the lake. I was wanting to try something different and ultimatly go faster. Since posting the original thread I have been reading and also looking at other options in fuel injection "Flying Toilet and Geradot systems" . At this point I think carburation is my most viable solution until I decide what I am going to do with this boat and engine. Although the Flying Toilet has some excellent products that could do what I want. I think with injection I would get the instanious responce I am looking for. The nostaliga/cool factor of the Enderle hat would be great if I could make it work reliably on the lower 500 hp engines that I am currently working with.
    Your responce has been great.. Gave me a lot to think about. :idea:

sdba069
    Were you talking alky or gas?

progplb
    I will probably stay with gas. I don't think the current engine I have would gain anything by running on alcohol.

DUECE'SDAD
    [QUOTE=DUECE'SDAD]When you scoot it up, turn it around like this and you will get amazing results.
    That paint job you put on there looks real nice.
    Why didn't you show me some of those amazing results when we were down at Table Rock Lake?
    We must have covered 60 or 70 miles and I never saw your boat other than anchored out in front of the campground.
    I had heard that you made a few passes while everyone was enjoying there $45 hot dogs, Some one should have gave us a heads up on the trip up river and the rest of the events and we would have been right there for the 60-70 mile trips, We came looking for you guys a few times. I ran all friday evening, and saturday till the h2o pigs busted it up and wasnt ever hooked up to an anchor, b/c i didnt have one ! ! ! ! I did however pull up to the shore each time I got thru giving some one a ride or letting them drive, that might have been what you were seeing.

VDRIVERACING
    Injection is nice we all agree. It is just how it is done is the big question. I agree that electronic injection would be the way to go if it is going to be lake boat just to run up an down the lake. I was wanting to try something different and ultimatly go faster. Since posting the original thread I have been reading and also looking at other options in fuel injection "Flying Toilet and Geradot systems" . At this point I think carburation is my most viable solution until I decide what I am going to do with this boat and engine. Although the Flying Toilet has some excellent products that could do what I want. I think with injection I would get the instanious responce I am looking for. The nostaliga/cool factor of the Enderle hat would be great if I could make it work reliably on the lower 500 hp engines that I am currently working with.
    Your responce has been great.. Gave me a lot to think about. :idea:
    If you decide on mechanical FI, I'd check out Hilborn. Their four hole systems are better suited for driveability/throttle control through a broader range. Enderle is better suited for drag applications because of the more agressive throttle to valve opening ratios.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123