Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: John Roberts

Poster X
    Public opinion never stopped the CIA as long as they received Presidential support. You can semi blame Ronald Reagan for the CIA's fall from grace. Had Udi usurped his Dad there is no way of telling how it would have affected anything? I'd like to think the Iraqi people would have revolted at that point, and we'd of never had to fight them anyway. In my perfect world I would have gone to Somalia and the West Bank long before I worried about Iraq.
    You never answered my question about Kenneth Starr?

Old Texan
    Witch hunt isn't quite the word for it. Lots of ladies, lots of trysts, lying under oath. Starr was appointed counsel not a member of congress.
    Bill Clinton was and is an intelligent fellow, just lacks good judgement in his personal decisions. Hillary scares the hell out of me. She is not a good person and I don't feel any trust in her decision making.
    The Ken Starr inquiry is an entirely different issue than my point of term limitations removing obstructionists which is my whole point.
    What is your view on term limitations?

Flying Tiger
    What is your view on term limitations?
    Like jury duty, shouldnt be a profession

Poster X
    I don't think I've ever met a person who supports lifetime appointments? Including myself.

Forkin' Crazy
    I don't think I've ever met a person who supports lifetime appointments? Including myself.
    He didn't say lifetime appointments. He said "term limits".
    And I have written my senators about this until I am blue in the face. They won't do it, especially Mary Landrieu and John Breaux, who is out now..... :burningm:

bigq
    I have a problem when a candidate for the highest court in the land reverts to Clinton style weasel-wording of answers so that his position on an issue is not revealed. If someone can't clearly articulate their beliefs for what ever reason, they shouldn't have the job. What the D.C. scene lacks, is people with the balls to articulate honestly held positions. What we have instead are mealy-mouthed pawns who hide their true beliefs and don't articulate well-reasoned positions. Makes me want to puke! :yuk: I am sick of both the Repubs and Dems. We the people need to take our gov back.
    Stepping of my soap box now.
    They keep asking questions of cases and i don't think he can answer them. If he gives an opinion he will not be able to rule on any cases in the future.
    Maybe the dems are doing it on purpose, but he is far from spinning, he just can,t answer and they know that. :notam:

SmokinLowriderSS
    Long ago, Senator EDWARD KENNEDY himself said that apointees for Judicial positions SHOULD NOT BE ASKED AND SHOULD NOT BE EXPECTED TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT ANY CASE OF LAW THAT MAY COME BEFORE THEM IN THE FUTURE ON THE SUPREME COURT.
    It is known as "The Ginsburgh Rule".
    Why now must we expect Roberts TO ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS THAT HAVE NEVER BEEN REQUIRED BEFORE?
    What do you think will be the story from the left IF the next justice is nominated by a Democrat? I'll be THEN the Ginsburgh Rule will STILL HAVE A REASON/PURPOSE.
    Why do they want to suspend it just for a BUSCH APOINTMENT!??!!?!?!?!

Seadog
    Kennedy and Feinstein have gone on record that they will not vote for Roberts confirmation because "he would not give complete answers" and he would not open up to his interogators. Why don't they just say what they really mean. That he would not admit to a litany of false charges and that he had too much integrity to submit to the inane levels of the liberals.

Steve 1

Steve 1

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast