Thread: The GOOD Middle East!

OGShocker
    Official Press Release:
    ***FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE***
    Kuwait donates $500 million to Katrina relief efforts
    Washington, DC (September 6, 2005) - Today US Ambassador to Kuwait Richard LeBaron thanked Kuwait's government and people for the country's US$500 million pledge of assistance in the wake of Hurricane Katrina. "The vast, vast majority of Kuwaitis have been very supportive and sympathetic and have demonstrated deep bonds of friendship between our two societies," Ambassador LeBaron said to the Kuwait News Agency (KUNA).
    Today Kuwait's Minister of Information Dr. Anas Al-Rashid also issued a statement on the unprecedented natural disaster which read: "How painful it's been for Kuwait to watch the suffering and destitution caused by Hurricane Katrina. It reminds many Kuwaitis of how they almost lost everything during the invasion in the summer of 1990, and how Americans came to their aide. The Kuwaiti government's donation is the least we can offer the great people of the United States, and it's a gesture from my government and people to say that your friends are with you - and our heart and prayers are especially with the victims of this enormous tragedy." Kuwait's Chamber of Commerce today also called for Kuwaiti businesses to lend support to the aid efforts.
    As Kuwait made the pledge yesterday, Energy Minister Shaikh Ahmed Fahd Al-Sabah expressed his condolences toward and solidarity with the American people, saying "It's our duty as Kuwaitis to stand by our friends to lighten the humanitarian misery." Today acting National Assembly Speaker Abdulwahab Al-Haroon praised the Kuwait Cabinet's decision to support hurricane victims by saying, "We cannot forget the tremendous role of the U.S. in standing by U.S. during the invasion [of Kuwait in 1990]."
    CONTACT - Dr. Fatma Al-Khalifa, Director, Kuwait Information Office, (202) 338-0211, ext 210 or (301) 320-2428

Steve 1
    I was there for a while ,Most of them speak American English and really do like US ...Their Military mirrors the American in many respects The standard of living in Kuwait is very high..
    The Arabian Gulf is blue as God makes it and full of fish with a funny looking but great tasting Lobster the water is absolutely crystal clear I was out about every day testing/working or playing ..

1978 Rogers
    That is fantastic and stand up about Kuwait. I heard the French made the same pledge and comments about how they feel for the people affected/displaced by Katrina. "For all the American people have done and gave to France, we thank you", Pepe Lapew.
    Just kidding. They only bitch about how its affecting the crude oil prices.

SmokinLowriderSS
    Too bad the part of the gulf arround Bahrain where I was in '01 wasn't so clean. It was a much nastier looking brown, and we were advised to stay DRY. quite a few rashes of unknown origin had begun with a swim there.

Steve 1
    SS itÂ’s been a while since I have been in Bahrain Was there right after one of my Cats won the UIM WC over in the UAE ,The water was Ok then we went out at AL Bandor to the sand bar ..Had a cool time lots of Gulf Air chicks even got to know the Crown Prince we checked out his Velocity for him also got the uncles Aronow Cat running as a favor..

Red Horse
    Good on Kuwait. You dont see any others doing that....Saudi???
    I have been to UAE multiple times and everytime I get there AFTER the boat races or leave just before them. Did see a few of the boats once in like 91-92 I think.

wsuwrhr
    Repaying a favor.
    That is a good thing.
    Brian

Steve 1
    Good on Kuwait. You dont see any others doing that....Saudi???
    I have been to UAE multiple times and everytime I get there AFTER the boat races or leave just before them. Did see a few of the boats once in like 91-92 I think.
    This boat owned "S" class (S-45) there for two years severe pile of money and cars won that is untill we spanked Buzzi in the WC and the UIM in the typical "stop them from the office mentalality" said all s class boats will be no longer than 10 meters (32'-9") I was like 11!
    Here it is playing with the big Shieks "M" class .
    http://images.uploadyourimages.com/428419cheetah.a.jpg