Thread: Scale

Tom Brown
    I want to balance some pistons so I'm going to need a scale.
    Any recommendations? I'm a redneck mechanic so I'd like to keep the cost as reasonable as possible.

Sleek-Jet
    Any of your local drug dealers should have a scale that is suitable for your needs.

victorfb
    a good scale is gunna cost you about $200-$250. plus you can ballance your motor parts too. take the parts to a machine shop and have them do it if you dont want to spend the money on a real good scale. a cheap scale may end up makeing you ruin your motor parts. do you really want to trust a cheap scale?

spectras only
    Tom , just go to skidrow and borrow a triple beam scale from the junkies :idea: , it's accurate within half a gram=7.716 grains

Mighty Thor
    I bought a digital postage scale for around $40.00 and compared it to my Dillon reloading scale for accuracy and found that it was right on up to the weight limits of the Dillon. Your results may vary, but digital is digital and if it works right it shouldn't be expensive. balance scales and other mechanicals are another story. Acurracy is definitely based upon price cause the machine work of the parts makes the difference.

UBFJ #454
    Go with the postal scale that measures in multiple units #'s/Oz's, Grams/fractional gm's (typically 3 digits), etc. ... we bought several new on e-bay and checked them against much more expensive ones & balance beams and found them to be right on the money ...
    Should be able to get one that reads up to 25 #'s for under $50, including shipping.