Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Prices

Jbb
    That should put him in the mid 40s.
    Which would be what......22-23 mph faster than the glasstrout....

Tom Brown
    Which would be what......22-23 mph faster than the glasstrout....
    Let's get back on topic. Prices...

NorCal Gameshow
    There's the reason it was so cheap. Bought it from NY. (probably Brooklyn) NY has a large market of non-North American goods.
    Different world markets usually have different pricing for the same item to make it competitive with local products. Also, current exchane rates may make an item even cheaper in a forien currency. Many vendors in NY buy non-North American goods at a lower rate and sell them for a profit in the US.
    The manufacturers try to combat this by creating a North American product with service only available in the region it was sold to. You may want to make sure you get a US/Canadian Warranty.
    Kent
    That sounds about right... way back when, I bought a cannondale frame and built a bike. A couple weeks later the same model but, complete bike shows up at costco for about what I paid for just the frame. the oversees shipment was somehow diverted back and sold to costco.
    cannondale wasn't happy and wouldn't warranty the bikes sold from costco....(like costco would care )

Debbolas
    Noted!
    I'll look into cranking the freak show back into high gear.
    Yeah! Say something funny!
    MP3?
    Don't you want a Ipod? or a shuffle?

Tom Brown
    Don't you want a Ipod? or a shuffle?
    I had an iPod mini for a while. It served me well but was too big for jogging and I didn't like it for biking. ... so I got a Samsung Yepp YP-5V and much prefer the form factor. This one I just received is a Yepp YP-MT6Z... the younger brother of the YP-5 series.
    I'll get another iPod one of these days but I don't have a bunch of use for one right now. The only time I listen to music these days is when I'm working out.
    The package arrived and provided a couple of points of interest. First, it wasn't packaged like the North American product. Inside a small brown box was a 6"x10" ziplock bag that contained everything, including the manual. It was all just chucked in there. There was a dot matrix printed sticker on the bag indicating the model. The North American version comes in a big clear plastic box with glossy inserts to hide the accessories and make it all look pretty. This was as generic as packaging could be. The contents were identical to the North American version, though.
    Also, the box was stamped REFURBISHED. I have no doubt the box had never been opened, someone just stamped REFURBISHED on the side in a non-prominent position. I suspect the situation is exactly as Zeug has described.
    I'm totally happy with it and I'm happy to have saved over a hundred bucks.
    With regard to the outdated BIOS... that sounds exactly like the first Yepp I bought about a year ago. I picked it up at BestBuy and it had a 14 month old BIOS on it and the encoder didn't work properly. After flashing the firmware, it worked perfectly so it wasn't a big deal. The BIOS on this thing is less than 60 days. I haven't been able to find anything newer so I think it's completely current.

Debbolas
    OMG!!
    My daughter has a Apple laptop and just bought a 'refurbished' printer from them. That means someone returned it (I believe) It is a lot cheaper than the new version and...........dam, I hate getting old, I don't remember if it comes with a warranty or not....she was happy to get it. I remember thinking , we need to go shopping at that store for the refurbished items
    I 'borrowed' my middle daughters ipod for work today (because I was filing) it was very cool, I like the finger scroll down feature...but it is kinda big and heavy. I don't need THAT many songs, I would be happy with like 30, so I think I get one of my kids MP3 players they don't use anymore....I just have to have them show me how to download the music, and how do you pay for it?

Tom Brown
    ....I just have to have them show me how to download the music, and how do you pay for it?
    There is a single up-front licensing fee included in the price of the player. After that, you are free to download all the music you like.

Debbolas
    There is a single up-front licensing fee included in the price of the player. After that, you are free to download all the music you like.
    No way
    Then what is the .92cent charge on all the music on msn for?

Tom Brown
    Then what is the .92cent charge on all the music on msn for?
    That's how Bill Gates funds the Microsoft dental plan. Don't fall for that scam.
    Feel free to use download all you wish.

Debbolas
    and they won't show up at my door to arrest me?
    I just CAN'T go to jail at my age
    Cool, thank you Tom Brown

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234