Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: FTC investigating gas price gouging *FINALLY!*

ECeptor
    All I can say is it's about damn time - FTC on gas (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9424585/).
    With Rita building up steam we need to get ready for even more price hikes. I'm betting there will be major c**k blocking by those politicians who's pockets are lined by the oil industry.

Dribble
    I'm sure that will help.

redi4fun
    A great big waste of time and money!!!!!!!
    It will go nowhere!!!!!! :frown:

Havasu_Dreamin
    People amaze me. They bitch and moan and bitch and moan and bitch and moan some more that the governement needs to do soemthing about the price of gas. Then, the government says it is going to do soemthing, and people bitch and moan about it being a waste of time and resources. Is the government inefficient? Hell yes. Is the government good and screwing things up? Again, yes. Will politics play a part, again, most likely yes. But damn, at least they are trying or putting in some degree of effort instead of saying phuck you, pay what they charge. You can't play both sides of the fence.

ptboat

Havasu Hangin'
    Unless you can prove price-fixing...little can be done (except saber-rattling for the public).
    The FTC has let the oil companies get to a point where they can contol pricing...they need to look in the mirror.
    Just my 2 cents.

Dribble
    People amaze me. They bitch and moan and bitch and moan and bitch and moan some more that the governement needs to do soemthing about the price of gas. Then, the government says it is going to do soemthing, and people bitch and moan about it being a waste of time and resources. Is the government inefficient? Hell yes. Is the government good and screwing things up? Again, yes. Will politics play a part, again, most likely yes. But damn, at least they are trying or putting in some degree of effort instead of saying phuck you, pay what they charge. You can't play both sides of the fence.
    THe government has no more control over the price of gas than they do the price of say....
    Real estate
    Gold coins
    IBM stock
    A double double with grilled onions.
    These prices are market driven.
    The price of gas will fall when the price of oil on the open market falls and when refineries are operating at full capacity. Not when some bureaucrat says it should.

Jyruiz
    I think they should look into it, shit my father-in-law's apartments and homes are controlled, he can't raise his rents but once a year and only 3%, or something like that. And he has to pay the utilities, which ( on his apartments) keep going up.

MKEELINE
    supply and demand

Havasu_Dreamin
    THe government has no more control over the price of gas than they do the price of say....
    Real estate
    Gold coins
    IBM stock
    A double double with grilled onions.
    These prices are market driven.
    The price of gas will fall when the price of oil on the open market falls and when refineries are operating at full capacity. Not when some bureaucrat says it should.
    I agree, simple economics. What IO was pointing out is that if people bitch about nothing being done, don't then bitch when something is in the process of being done. Even if it is window dressing.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast