Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: electric or manual?

76ANTHONY
    ok i have a holley elec fuel pump that seems to heat up after about 20 minutes, it kills the boat and then about 3 miutes later it will run again, do i change it to manual or what???

IMPATIENT 1
    i like holley blue pumps,the only probs i have with em is the occassional leaky base.have you checked your tank vent?your pump could be pulling a vacuum and heating up.worth checking out.

76ANTHONY
    i'll check that when i get home,thanks...

ok i have a holley elec fuel pump that seems to heat up after about 20 minutes, it kills the boat and then about 3 miutes later it will run again, do i change it to manual or what???
    i personally prefer the HP manual pump...alot less probs to go wrong (heating, leaking, electrical etc)...just my .02 cents
    fastrat

superdave013
    I sell these pumps. One of these will last longer then your boat. lol
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data..._chevy-med.JPG

superdave013
    dead heading those pumps makes them run hot. Think about it. It's filled the bowls up and now is pumping against a closed needle and seat. If you had a return style fuel system the pump would not run as hot.

IMPATIENT 1
    i personally prefer the HP manual pump...alot less probs to go wrong (heating, leaking, electrical etc)...just my .02 cents
    fastrat
    i like manual pumps too, it's just i've had a diaphram rupture on the lake and wash down some main bearing before i realized what happened.i lean towards electric from then on and it makes adjusting floats easier to me

SmokinLowriderSS
    Hmmmm Never had a trouble with carb adjustements, but that's just been me. My original mechanical ran from 1978 to 2002 when it got weak. $180 later, I'm in great shape. 7psi idle, between 9 and 10 WFO feeding the 700 CFM Holley
    Mine looks just like that Clay Smith, but I have no recolection of what brand it is. I ordered it from a marine mail order house in OKC on the recomendation of a boat shop (they would order the same one for me, same place, and then charge their markup).

wet77
    dead heading those pumps makes them run hot. Think about it. It's filled the bowls up and now is pumping against a closed needle and seat. If you had a return style fuel system the pump would not run as hot.
    I agree NEVER deadhead those electric pumps I killed one within 1 hour of use and after I installed a bypass regulator its worked great ever since

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    I run mechanical edelbrock and it never skips a beat. It also feeds 2 worked over holley 750 dp's on a 12.5-1 motor I hate electric pumps!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast