Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: electric or manual?

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    I sell these pumps. One of these will last longer then your boat. lol
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data..._chevy-med.JPG
    I agree!!!!!!!!!!

jtmarten
    ok i have a holley elec fuel pump that seems to heat up after about 20 minutes, it kills the boat and then about 3 miutes later it will run again, do i change it to manual or what???
    Same reason I got rid of mine and went mechanical. The Holley's aren't meant to pull the gas, but to push it. If it has to pull the gas up and out of the tank it'll overwork it and overheat. Deadheading isn't the problem. I've run a Holley elec in my Falcon for quite a while, same thing as mentioned about running in a boat - closed needle valve when the bowls are full, but no overheating because its not pulling the gas. The gas is gravity feeding from the tank.

superdave013
    Hmmmm Never had a trouble with carb adjustements, but that's just been me. My original mechanical ran from 1978 to 2002 when it got weak. $180 later, I'm in great shape. 7psi idle, between 9 and 10 WFO feeding the 700 CFM Holley
    Mine looks just like that Clay Smith, but I have no recolection of what brand it is. I ordered it from a marine mail order house in OKC on the recomendation of a boat shop (they would order the same one for me, same place, and then charge their markup).
    I think the rebuild kits are around 50 bucks or so.
    It's also a little extra but these Clay Smith pumps can come with the USCG vent tube also.

okkkk Anthony...it seems the consenus here is to get rid of the electric pump & switch to a manual!...the name of the game is to "get in, fire it up & go have fun"...so lets get with the prog! & "go have fun"...keep the electric for a spare (in case of)...there r alot of choices out there for manuals...just pick 1 & get rid of 1 less headache to deal with!
    fastrat

76ANTHONY
    thanks you guys, i'll be putting in a manual fuel pump this weekend and takin her out next weekend, less elec is better i guess.... :hammer2:

moneysucker
    You can use the Electric for oil changes. I have a holley blue that feeds my surge tank and i have only had one problem with it and after a on the water rebuild and cleaning out all the rubber from not cleaning the new SS lines it is still running strong. My main fuel pump though is an Enderle cam driven injection pump.

SmokinLowriderSS
    I think the rebuild kits are around 50 bucks or so.
    It's also a little extra but these Clay Smith pumps can come with the USCG vent tube also.
    Mine came with a threaded provision for the vent line. I just had to make a run to Ace (the place :rollside: ) to get an adapter fitting for the one off my old pump.
    I don't think my old pump was rebuildable because the housing wasn't a "bolt-together" style deal.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12