Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Prices

Tom Brown
    Let's say you go to BestBuy. Let's also say that you see an mp3 player there for $239 CDN that you think is nice. Walmart has the same player for $237.
    Let's say you decide you want this player. Before heading to the store to buy it, you do a search on eBay and find pages of auctions of this very same player at a $105 USD 'buy it now' price. That's about $125 CDN.
    :idea:
    What's up with that?
    As if that's not enough, let's say you find an auction that's 10 minutes away from closing and you throw in a max bid, for a laugh,... of $100... and you win the auction at $87. The auction started at $80 USD... presumably the sellers lowest acceptable price.
    What the... ??? ...
    Does that mean that BestBuy and Walmart are sticking it up our asses with 120% markup? Does it mean these ebay units are hot or somehow obtained through improper channels? There were several dozen of them from three different vendors.
    Why do you suppose these small stores can sell these things so much cheaper than the retail giants?

PHOTOGLOU
    Let's say you go to BestBuy. Let's also say that you see an mp3 player there for $239 CDN that you think is nice. Walmart has the same player for $237.
    Let's say you decide you want this player. Before heading to the store to buy it, you do a search on eBay and find pages of auctions of this very same player at a $105 USD 'buy it now' price. That's about $125 CDN.
    :idea:
    What's up with that?
    As if that's not enough, let's say you find an auction that's 10 minutes away from closing and you throw in a max bid, for a laugh,... of $100... and you win the auction at $87. The auction started at $80 USD... presumably the sellers lowest acceptable price.
    What the... ??? ...
    Does that mean that BestBuy and Walmart are sticking it up our asses with 120% markup? Does it mean these ebay units are hot or somehow obtained through improper channels? There were several dozen of them from three different vendors.
    Why do you suppose these small stores can sell these things so much cheaper than the retail giants?$ 40 shipping fee

river chaser
    BUT
    Walmart has a 30 day return policy if you don't like it

Tom Brown
    $ 40 shipping fee
    Indeed.
    It was $32 for US Post or UPS ground. The thing has a shipping weight of about a pound and it's not exactly large.
    I definitely got hosed but I still saved about 40% off Walmert's price. :idea:

PHOTOGLOU
    Indeed.
    It was $32 for US Post or UPS ground. The thing has a shipping weight of about a pound and it's not exactly large.
    I definitely got hosed but I still saved about 40% off Walmert's price. :idea:
    So sell it for cost sell 30 of them a day and have say $700 profit

PHOTOGLOU
    B.T.W. Tom this has got to be one of your more normal Threads

Tom Brown
    B.T.W. Tom this has got to be one of your more normal Threads
    Noted!
    I'll look into cranking the freak show back into high gear.

ROZ
    Big retail chains pay more up front for products and get advertizing an volume pricing on the backside... I compete with several "distributors" selling products to schools and gov't, and can't beat their pricing at times because I sell based on the higher initial p/o price...
    BTW, I think these guys could kill 2 birds with one stone if someone created a vibrator/ mp3player combo...

My experience has been that if something is extrodinarily cheap there's a reason. Some hidden factor not in the equation. Let us know how it turns out.
    Rex(alwaysskepticalofcheapshit)one

So Tom if a case of condoms was say $200 at Wall mart and you found a case on ebay for say $115 buy it now......
    Which would you buy (assuming of course you had a use for a case of condoms other than the water balloon launcher).

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast