Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shovel Nose?

MOBrien
    I know I know....should post pics. I'm still trying to figure that out since they're on my phone.
    Anyhow. I stumbled onto a shovel nose in very decent hull condition. Not sure of the builder, not sure of the year....not even sure if it's for sale. :idea: But it's just the hull w/interior and trailer. It's a project for sure needing prep & paint, motor, tranny, hardware, etc...(depending what's in boxes inside the garage). But it looked to be in pretty decent shape overall and would make a good project if the dude is willing to part with it.
    What's a range that I could expect to pay for something like this? Been thinking of selling my current boat for something bigger and faster, but a lake hydro sure sounds like a lot of fun & I'd just keep my cruiser for big water days.
    Any thoughts from the hydro owners....better yet, the shovel-nosers? I believe it's a Sanger..........
    Thanks!
    -MOB :clover:

deltarat
    I say buy it, it sounds like it would be alot of fun to build. Plus when its done I know I can get a ride in it.

YeLLowBoaT
    Its not from that guy on power inn is it???? the one with about 10 old v drives just wasting away???( I saw a shovel there last time I drove by)

SANGER-RICH
    They are breed of their own, if serious like I was when I found my SANGER go for it. It is a love thing with them. Mine is in primer ready for paint and putting it back together big will be a project in its self. But it will be something I will be proud of. And had fun doing.
    My 2 cents worth

MOBrien
    Its not from that guy on power inn is it???? the one with about 10 old v drives just wasting away???( I saw a shovel there last time I drove by)
    I don't think so. All oxydized black paint with "Capitol Punishment" brushed on the deck? It looks to be in really great shape, but in a neighborhood I can't imagine it'll ever see a rebuild unless it gets rescued. I was so surprised to see it on the side of the street when I turned the corner. Damn things are bad-ass!
    just might be my next garage toy for a while.

MOBrien
    I say buy it, it sounds like it would be alot of fun to build. Plus when its done I know I can get a ride in it.
    Terry let's buy it, store it at Troy's place, cost/3 and go bracket racing when she's done! That'd be freakin awesome!

DUECE'SDAD
    Youll regret it if you dont find out if its for sale, mine is a sanger, and its quality, a little heavy, but awesome for a lake hydro as you stated, And if your eye has been on it, you want it ! ! ! ! They are awesome for what they are, an old design. Mine handles the water great, with a single bench, and my 2 year old son, 1 year old duaghter and the wife, It suprises people to see us cruising around with the family in what joe bass, and joe waterskier thinks of as a "crazy drag boat they would never step foot in" They are an attention getter to say the least Do it ! ! !

MOBrien
    OK, so what should I expect to pay for a shovel-nose in this condition?
    I don't HAVE to have it, but for the right price I'll snatch it up.

YeLLowBoaT
    I would say if its in good cond and has a good trailer probly 500-1500 would be fair. I bought my boat off something simlar for only 300. but you never know they might just give it away.

MOBrien
    I would say if its in good cond and has a good trailer probly 500-1500 would be fair. I bought my boat off something simlar for only 300. but you never know they might just give it away.
    holy crap you're kidding me. that's all? is your boat running now? If so, how much do you have into it. If not, what do you expect to put into it before it's lake ready?
    thanks,
    MOB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast