Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Who says Bayliners suck?

ECeptor
    They sure worked out good for John Edson (http://www.forbes.com/lists/2005/54/ZRSM.html) .
    Interesting story. Started in his garage in 1955, sold to Brunswick in '86 for $1/2 billion, now worth $1 billion.
    Anyway...here's the rest of the Forbes top 400 (http://www.forbes.com/lists/2005/54/Rank_1.html) .

BBTAHITI
    Still suck. Wienie boats are best left back east. They don't care what it looks like as long as it floats. (half serious )

Trigger
    Still suck. Wienie boats are best left back east. They don't care what it looks like as long as it floats. (half serious )
    If I am reading your post right, I would becareful of what you say about East Coast boats. They can give those "west" coast boats plenty of nightmares. People bag on Bayliners, but they get alot of people into boating. Inexpensive for the first time buyers and those without alot of cash to spend. Then they enjoy the sport and sell and bump up to a nicer boat. They have helped the boating industry alot.

superdave013
    I donno man, I'm thinkin this one will sell for just a tad more then 10 Tahiti's like yours. lol
    POS Bayliner (http://www.marinesource.com/buyersli...ngNmb=10530002)

rrrr
    I donno man, I'm thinkin this one will sell for just a tad more then 10 Tahiti's like yours. lol
    Wow, "Let's go get the Bayliner outta storage and go boating."
    Prolly costs $10K just to get it in the water. :jawdrop:

BBTAHITI
    It's not about what it COST, but what it IS. At the end of the day, they're still in a friggin' Bayliner........

superdave013
    It's not about what it COST, but what it IS. At the end of the day, they're still in a friggin' Bayliner........
    Well now that you bring that up I bet they are built better then your boat too. Not knocking Tahiti's as I used to own one. But Bayliner might not have the style that we all like but I think for what they are and the price point that the lower end one are at they are one of the best deals out there to get on the lake.
    Check it out as I think it's kinda impressive.
    "CONSTRUCTION DETAILS which should be of interest to you;
    Bayliner uses the latest, most sophisticated computer-aided design technology in the design and construction of their vessels. Primary tooling, from which they create fiberglass molds takes shape through a computer-controlled five-axis milling process that's so precise it works within tolerances of 25 one-thousandths of an inch. That level of accuracy ensures uncommoly fair running surfaces and perfect fit of fiberglass parts. Bayliner was a leader in computer-aided design and manufacturing.
    Isophthalic-based gelcoats for rich , lustrous, long-lasting finishes, A Vinylester barried is applied to every Bayliner motoryacht hull, which provides unsurpassed resistance to osmotic blistering. Each hull embodies a comlex schedule of coring and reinforcement for exceptionally high strength and low weight.
    FACT IS FEW OTHER BUILDERS HAVE THE RESOURCES TO DRIVE THE LEVEL OF TECHNOLGY THAT BAYLINER HAS
    Railings are of 316 stainless steel, Fuel Tanks are aluminum, Panduit chases conceal and protect electrical wiring, Top quality bronze is used in hull fittings, sea-cocks and rudder posts and struts, Cabinetry and the woodwork is hand-crafted in Bayliners own wood shops and all doors and hardware is reinforced. ALL wiring harnesses, breaker panels and instrument clusters are produced "in house" for absolute quality control and adhereance to design specs. All terminals are labeled, and wiring color coded. Double stainless steel hose clamps are used througout.
    Machinery and fittings are the best; Cummins, Westerbeke, Perko (lifetime guaranteed deck fittings) Racor filters, Sunbrella Fabrics, Whirlpool appliances, Raytheon electronics are all combined in the construction of a Bayliner Motoryacht."

BBTAHITI
    Well now that you bring that up I bet they are built better then your boat too. Not knocking Tahiti's as I used to own one. But Bayliner might not have the style that we all like but I think for what they are and the price point that the lower end one are at they are one of the best deals out there to get on the lake.
    Check it out as I think it's kinda impressive.
    "CONSTRUCTION DETAILS which should be of interest to you;
    Bayliner uses the latest, most sophisticated computer-aided design technology in the design and construction of their vessels. Primary tooling, from which they create fiberglass molds takes shape through a computer-controlled five-axis milling process that's so precise it works within tolerances of 25 one-thousandths of an inch. That level of accuracy ensures uncommoly fair running surfaces and perfect fit of fiberglass parts. Bayliner was a leader in computer-aided design and manufacturing.
    Isophthalic-based gelcoats for rich , lustrous, long-lasting finishes, A Vinylester barried is applied to every Bayliner motoryacht hull, which provides unsurpassed resistance to osmotic blistering. Each hull embodies a comlex schedule of coring and reinforcement for exceptionally high strength and low weight.
    FACT IS FEW OTHER BUILDERS HAVE THE RESOURCES TO DRIVE THE LEVEL OF TECHNOLGY THAT BAYLINER HAS
    Railings are of 316 stainless steel, Fuel Tanks are aluminum, Panduit chases conceal and protect electrical wiring, Top quality bronze is used in hull fittings, sea-cocks and rudder posts and struts, Cabinetry and the woodwork is hand-crafted in Bayliners own wood shops and all doors and hardware is reinforced. ALL wiring harnesses, breaker panels and instrument clusters are produced "in house" for absolute quality control and adhereance to design specs. All terminals are labeled, and wiring color coded. Double stainless steel hose clamps are used througout.
    Machinery and fittings are the best; Cummins, Westerbeke, Perko (lifetime guaranteed deck fittings) Racor filters, Sunbrella Fabrics, Whirlpool appliances, Raytheon electronics are all combined in the construction of a Bayliner Motoryacht."
    Impressive, but, as I said, it's still a Bayliner. When I see one in your driveway, I may change my mind (after I get done busting a gut laughing so hard). Better yet, sell your flat to buy one. At least you'll get more seat time with IT than with the flat.
    J/K Dave...... if you can't laugh at a Bayliner, what CAN you laugh at? :rollside:

rrrr
    Family I know hangs out at the lake with us, they have a '04 17 foot Bliner. It cost $9,500 new, with trailer.
    They have fun, no one disses their boat. It's a good thing that peeps can join the boating sport for a hundee per month. They are already planning to upgrade.
    We all gotta start somewhere.

ECeptor
    Wow, despite the title of the thread I didn' mean for it to turn into a true debate.
    I was just amazed how the founder had build up a $1 billion net worth from his business! I suppose that would make him the most profitable personal boat builder ever, no?

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast