Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What are some good brands of smaller tunnels?

imq707s
    I'm looking at getting a smaller tunnel boat around 18-21' long powered my a larger outboard 225+ Merc. What are some good brands I should check out? I know STSV makes the Euroski, but who else makes a good 21' tunnel hull? I want something that you set pretty deep in, I don't want a boat that set 2" from the water.

HavasuDreamin'
    Originally posted by 22TWIN:
    Check out www.cougarboats.com (http://www.cougarboats.com)
    Great boats, but expensive. Liberator also makes a nice 21 footer that is kickass and a lot cheaper. Email Wildman for info. on these boats. BTW, the STV is a 19' boat, not a 21' boat. If you don't mind smaller ones, Mirage also makes a kickass boat. Eliminator also makes a 21' tunnel boat. Good Luck

imq707s
    I checked out Cougar boats, and they look realy nice. Out of all of the 19-21' tunnels, which ones handle rough water the best? It's common to see 1-2' chop at my local lake. Thanks

22TWIN
    I own a 22, so I can only speak for it. It is incredible in semi-rough water (1-2 foot chop)rides like a much larger boat.

HavasuDreamin'
    I've been in a 21' Cougar in 2' chop, handled it beautiful. I would say the 21 cougar and 21 Liberator are very similar. Will both handle chop real well and run well on top end if equipped properly.

Liberator TJ1984
    I've got a 1984 Liberator 19'picklefork..identical to the Eliminator Daytona ...runnin 454,small roller cam ,roller valve train 8/71 blower w/dom.SS A, diverter and ride plate , NO Pump work
    5600 @ 90mph very stable ride
    buddy of mine in Del Rio just bought a 2001 similar motor, same hull as mine little faster maybe Dave did some changes to the bottom since 1984? overall I love it !

DogHouse
    You might want to check out the Lavey Sebring 20.8 tunnel if you're not set on a pickelfork. I think you can get it in either a walk through open bow or a hard deck. Nice boat.
    -brian

HavasuDreamin'
    Originally posted by DogHouse:
    You might want to check out the Lavey Sebring 20.8 tunnel if you're not set on a pickelfork. I think you can get it in either a walk through open bow or a hard deck. Nice boat.
    -brian
    Nice boat, but they need some torque to run from what I hear. The 300X would be a nice choice on this hull! http://free.***boat.net/ubb/cool.gif

TOBTEK
    IMQ, I agree the LAVEYCRAFT 20.8 is a very usable tunnul. my brother has one with a 225 promax, NEEDS a 300 badly!!! its pretty slow. But its a great boat. I also had a smaller Lavey tunnel, was very well built and fast. Check out prev post "WHAT TO ASK" guy by the name of bill selling clean 20.8 Lavey with an almost new 2.5 efi. Looks very clean, he is asking $23k for it..

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast