Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Any other Concealed Carry ***boat members?

DeputyDawg
    I was just wondering if any of my fellow ***boaters were packin'? The reason I am asking is that I am looking for a holster that I can actually tolerate for carrying my Ed Brown Kobra Carry(custom built commander length 1911 .45) I have been licensed for two years and have been carrying longer than that but I have always carried "Mexican Style" with my 1911s just stuck in my waistband which believe it or not is pretty comfortable, but it is just too easy for the gun to snag clothing on the way out which could drastically slow me down in a time of need.
    If you carry what type holster do you use? If any of you carry a 1911 I would really be interested in what you use. Thanks!

Jbb
    I carry a 1991a1...much easier to conceal....and I always have it .....

cdog
    I just bought a Uncle Mikes belt holster for my Para O .45. You'll want size 5 for a 1911 full size like mine.
    http://www.productwizard.com/unmiamhipho.html
    http://www.paraord.com/product/product.html?id=67
    I carry when in Az. I like the fact that this holster holds an extra clip. I bought one for my glock too.

76ANTHONY
    ASK SUMMITKARL, HE HAS A PROBLEM WITH HIS HOLSTER :lightsabe

Ziggy
    ASK SUMMITKARL, HE HAS A PROBLEM WITH HIS HOLSTER :lightsabe
    LOL- --Too funny. Its a reverse holster though

DeputyDawg
    originally posted by--Jbb
    I carry a 1991a1...much easier to conceal....and I always have it .....
    How would a 1991a1 be easier to conceal than my 4 1/4" barrel bob tailed 1911 Kobra Carry???

Mardonzi
    Galco makes some pretty decent leather... I have 3 of their holsters as well as a couple of bianchi's.

XTRM22
    How would a 1991a1 be easier to conceal than my 4 1/4" barrel bob tailed 1911 Kobra Carry???
    I didn't even notice that your Kobra was a commander lenth till I went back and reread, probably a mistake. My SPringfield 1911 is surprisingly easy to carry inside the waist band but I''m leanin towards a new Springfiel in .45Glock. I have pretty small hands (quit snickering) and even a stock .45 is a little large. I generally caryy my P89DC, after all the rounds and a few season shooting it in IPSC I'm better with it then anything else.
    Chuck

DeputyDawg
    I have heard that the Galcos are nice. I have also heard some good things about Don Hume holsters but I have not seen either in person. My problem is that I live out in the boondocks so there isn't anywhere close that I can and look at this stuff. I went to a gun show last month and saw some Bianchi stuff but didn't find anything I liked. I have several Bianchi holsters for different pistols I own but none of their concealed carry stuff.

XTRM22
    I agree with Mardonzi, Galco has some good holsters, concealableand otherwise. I've had real good luck ordering holsters by way of www.sportsmansguide.com, Check them out their pricing is really good too.
    Chuck

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast