Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need Help - Fugg'ing obnoxious Crows ( flying rats )

carbonmarine
    Hi Guys,
    I have had it !!! Where I live there are these crows that are totally out of control. They get into peoples trash on trash day. Gawk at all hours, especially those in which I am sleeping...( The 5-6AM boner hours ) .... Anyhow, I have just resigned my self to ordering a pellet gun to rearrange the world to my favor and that of a peaceful neighborhood ... Is blasting crows off this planet illegal ?? Does anyone care ?? I am sure my neigbors would be as pleased to be rid of these flying rats as I am going to be... I woudl love to use my .22 , but that too loud, so I am resigned to other methodes like the pellet gun below....
    http://www.compasseco.com/shop/images/1000xc.jpg

spectratoad
    I've been blasting birds that have been eating all my chicken food that I put out. 5 so far since this weekend. :notam:

riverbound
    Hi Guys,
    I have had it !!! Where I live there are these crows that are totally out of control. They get into peoples trash on trash day. Gawk at all hours, especially those in which I am sleeping...( The 5-6AM boner hours ) .... Anyhow, I have just resigned my self to ordering a pellet gun to rearrange the world to my favor and that of a peaceful neighborhood ... Is blasting crows off this planet illegal ?? Does anyone care ?? I am sure my neigbors would be as pleased to be rid of these flying rats as I am going to be... I woudl love to use my .22 , but that too loud, so I am resigned to other methodes like the pellet gun below....
    http://www.compasseco.com/shop/images/1000xc.jpg
    I did it.....and happy to say. the crows now go out of their way to stay away from my house

Phat Matt
    Well the season runs 12/3 - 4/5. The daily bag limit is 24. You can have 48 in possesion. I think you will have a problem hunting within city limits though.

Phat Daddy
    I use to shot them all the time and yes they are smart birds. They will learn to stay away from your place after you take a couple down. Plus its fun.

Nord
    Get a BB gun!!!
    Or, put a fake owl out, that works!!!!!

2Driver
    Get a BB gun!!!
    Or, put a fake owl out, that works!!!!!
    My fake owl never did work. Birds used to sit on the head and shit down it's face. I threw it away and stuck to my old trusty bb/pellet with scope. Buddy of mine has a laser for his...amazing how acurate.
    BE careful firing that off in the city, I think you can be hauled in for it. If you are in Newport I am sure you are surrounded by friends of animals. Also consider what you will hit if you miss your target.

carbonmarine
    Yes.... That is main reason for 12x scope, up close and personal.

Sleek-Jet
    Yes.... That is main reason for 12x scope, up close and personal.
    If that's one of the spring powered piston pellet guns, the scope won't stay centered long. The repeated shock of the piston and spring knock the scope off zero. I always was just as accurate at the ranges those things are good for by just shooting open sights.
    Have fun....

SummitKarl
    if I remember right it's not legal to shoot crows in California, (protected) but I can't say as I have not done it........I use a crossman 766 with .177 hollow point pellets (got pigon problems in havasu), Crows were a bit tuffer though, you need a good head or neck shot, they are one solid bird, and a chest shot never seems to penatrate, even with a good 500' plus per second pellet gun, I think the .22 pellet guns are almost a nesessity, try "Sherman" they make some good .22 cal pellet guns

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast