Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do I stop receiving FAX spam?!

MagicMtnDan

I'm now getting 4-5 spam faxes a day. I don't want to have to call the 800 #'s provided on most (not all) of the faxes. Isn't there a do-not-fax list or some way I can stop this?
    Aren't there federal laws against fax spam? How does one use them to fight fax spam?

Phat Matt
    Unplug your fax.

soupersonic
    What ? You dont need new ink for your fax machine yet? Im going to keep faxing you until you do and then hopefully you will call me for it

canuck1
    Tape 3 or 4 sheets of black paper in a loop and fax the spammers back

C-2
    Don't call the 800 numbers or you will start getting smap phonecalls!
    A lot of the spam faxes come out of Canada, a loophole for the US laws/do not call list.
    There are sites dedicated to fighting SPAm faxes and some companies will even try suing to collect on your behalf; do a quick search.
    I can also PM you a neat little trick to find out where the faxes are coming from, lemme know if you're interested.

MagicMtnDan
    Don't call the 800 numbers or you will start getting smap phonecalls!
    A lot of the spam faxes come out of Canada, a loophole for the US laws/do not call list.
    There are sites dedicated to fighting SPAm faxes and some companies will even try suing to collect on your behalf; do a quick search.
    I can also PM you a neat little trick to find out where the faxes are coming from, lemme know if you're interested.
    I'm interested! Please PM me.

NOTALENT
    There should be a phone number on some of them...that say call this # to stop recieving these faxes.... some of ours that come through have it....

572Daytona
    I thought the don't call list worked for faxes as well. I registered my fax number there and I reported one company that was constantly faxing me. It seems to have worked as I don't get any spam faxes anymore.

KACHINA KEN
    If you are on Quest service you can get a service call anti solicitor, my phone never rings unless it's a real call, I never get spam fax or sales calls, worth every penny of the 5 bucks a month.

LGCDEVIL
    Call the 800# with the fax line, if it's dedicated. I bit the bullet and made it a point to call all the 800#'s for a month or two. Spam has gone from 2-3 per day to a couple times a month.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast