Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MSD Launch controller for sale

http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerc...15&prmenbr=361
    Jegs wants $184 plus tax. Ill take $150 + shipping. It has everything you need including the harness and software.
    I had to buy a second one when MSD didnt get mine back to me before the last race, I dont need 2 of them.
    They work great both at the riv and races, I use mine everytime I race somebody. The unit just plugs into your MSD box where the rev chip normally goes.

olbiezer
    i hate to sound dumb but what does it do for yain a boat??

BAE_557
    I use the same box on my deal, works great. The box allows the engine RPM to ramp up slowly on a timed adjustable curve to help the pump load. On high HP/Torque applications, it is very hard to get the boat to launch without pump cavitation especially when you go from an idle to 9000 RPM on a whack of the throttle. The box will work with the MSD Pro Mags as well as the 6AL boxes.

olbiezer
    ahhhhh...ok thanks didnt think about the pump not being able to catch its breath if u hit 9k all at once.....thanks wish i could get 9k to my prop al at once lol

Even for us losers who cant turn a AA 9000 RPM's the launch control is a nice thing to have.Most of us go to the rev limit instantly when we stab the throttle from a dead stop,the jet-drive doesnt like that.Its like spinning your tires.The launch controller prevents that from happening.

mj680
    What starts the program running when you leave ?

BAE_557
    CS,
    Are you going to be around the shop this weekend, I am making a trip down there this Saturday.

Once the micro switch or wide open switch on the throttle linkage is triggered the launch control is activated.

Not sure about that BAE, might go to the river if I get my boat back togethor.
    CS

mj680
    Once the micro switch or wide open switch on the throttle linkage is triggered the launch control is activated.
    You mean the brain dead driver doesn't have to activate the switch ? Its automatic. :hammerhea

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast