Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Driveline Question

Has anybody ever ran one of those adjustable / telescoping drivelines on a jetboat?
    Im setting up my rail kit so I can try different engine placements at the track.A driveline thats adjustable would sure make my life alot easier at this point, Im running about 800 hp.
    Any input would be appreciated.
    CS

bottom feeder
    Cs.
    I have ran splined driveshaft to permit the moving of the motor for and aft to ballance the boat. The rails were sloted so you could place the motor any ware. worked Great. Also used a spline disconect for warm up and tuning.

Your talking about the sliding or telescoping type of driveline, correct? Not a lenco.Also, what kind of power did you put to it? Were there any drawbacks?
    Thanks for the reply BF.

steelcomp
    Chris,
    I don't think there's any problem with the power you have if you want to run a typical splined driveshaft coupler, like in a truck. My buddy runs one in the Mandella I've posted pics of...never any issues. Of courst, that all depends on how much movement you're talking about. More than a couple of inches, and it might be too much, but the spline has about 4" of engagement, if I remember correctly, and you could probably get away with as little as 2". I think I'd want to make a one piece shaft once you got it figured out.

That was one of my concerns Scott, when I have it extended out Im worried there wont be enough engagement. Im looking to get 6" of travel out of the driveline.
    Yes, I would have a new driveline made after I get the position figured out. Im getting tired of getting new drivelines made for this thing, and to do what I want to do next race, Id have to get 2 new ones made.

bottom feeder
    CS,
    I had them built at the local driveline shop. As Steelcomp posted they were for a truck application. I could move the motor about Two inches. I have three driveshaft lengths and gave me about six to seven inches of movement. The disconect the drive shaft shop used was for a big truck PTO I belive or maby a device for flat towing a truck. I have seen these drivshafts take over 1100 HP.

steelcomp
    That was one of my concerns Scott, when I have it extended out Im worried there wont be enough engagement. Im looking to get 6" of travel out of the driveline.
    Yes, I would have a new driveline made after I get the position figured out. Im getting tired of getting new drivelines made for this thing, and to do what I want to do next race, Id have to get 2 new ones made.
    What lengths are you looking for???

÷קmᮆښ×÷
    i think you need one of those special rubber ones

Steel, I dont know the lengths off hand.
    Im going to talk to our driveline guy tomorrow, Ill let you know what he says.

Wicked Performance Boats
    Chris, After you make the splined drive line. Machine a couple of pto spacers that you can add in. Make a 1", 2", with a 3" splined driveshaft, that will give you 6" Budlight

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast