Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stoker Owners- Insurance Question

Boatjob26
    I'm looking into insurance for a 20.4. I've called around to a few places, but all are considering it a true tunnel, so they say NO. Anybody have any ideas as to how to get around the tunnel aspect? I did an online quote from progressive, and chose "sport tunnel." It went through, but I called to confirm it with them, and showed them a picture. They called it a tunnel! So I told them to cross reference it with the Lavey 20.8 Sebring. They wouldn't, so I just laughed... Same bottom on the Lavey and they would insure it! Let me know if you know any companies that will insure Stokers.
    Thanks

jackpunx
    I'm looking into insurance for a 20.4. I've called around to a few places, but all are considering it a true tunnel, so they say NO. Anybody have any ideas as to how to get around the tunnel aspect? I did an online quote from progressive, and chose "sport tunnel." It went through, but I called to confirm it with them, and showed them a picture. They called it a tunnel! So I told them to cross reference it with the Lavey 20.8 Sebring. They wouldn't, so I just laughed... Same bottom on the Lavey and they would insure it! Let me know if you know any companies that will insure Stokers.
    Thanks
    we insure our 20.4 with progressive

Boatjob26
    You must have it as sport tunnel....Did they ask any questions or want pictures?

riverbound
    Mine is through State Farm.

jackpunx
    You must have it as sport tunnel....Did they ask any questions or want pictures?
    my GF did it.. if you look at your registration.. its an Elliminator :wink: and your bottom is a ModVP

riverbound
    Mine is a "fishing/famly runabout" And I sent in Pictures and an article on the boat. She knows all about these boats, and says now they are much more difictult to insure because they are being registered as tunnels.

riverbound
    my GF did it.. if you look at your registration.. its an Elliminator :wink: and your bottom is a ModVP
    Yep.....mine is an eliminator and a "fishing/family boat"

jackpunx
    I dont even want to get into it with my 22 :squiggle:

Boatjob26
    I have not bought the 20.4 yet, but I am looking to buy soon. So I have not seen the registration. So is this saying that the title says eliminator as well?

riverbound
    I have not bought the 20.4 yet, but I am looking to buy soon. So I have not seen the registration. So is this saying that the title says eliminator as well?
    I think they are all titled as Eliminators... I know both of ours have been. That is one of the ways around the "Stoker Sport Tunnel" hassle.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast