Thread: Pitch I.D.

shagmebaby
    In trying to I.D. the Pitch of my prop ( no info on prop) using all the calculators that are thrown out here ,you need to enter a slippage rate. Is there a range of slippage to start from? what is a good slippage rate and what is terrible . I have a Nordic 22.5' any help would be great :messedup:

ECeptor
    I'd start with 10% slip.
    Do you know the make and model of the prop? Is there any numbers at all on it? Take it off and look, you might find what you are looking for on the hub.

Carbon Dave
    You could send it to this place. They will Prop Scan it for free. It gives you a true pitch. Mine was marked 25.5 and turned out to be less than 24. Plus they map each blade @ 6 different radi.
    http://www.thomasmarinepropeller.com/

ECeptor
    You could send it to this place. They will Prop Scan it for free. It gives you a true pitch. Mine was marked 25.5 and turned out to be less than 24. Plus they map each blade @ 6 different radi.
    http://www.thomasmarinepropeller.com/
    How much did they charge? You can PM me an answer if you don't want to post it...

Carbon Dave
    How much did they charge? You can PM me an answer if you don't want to post it...
    FREE.
    Now obviously to lab it cost something. I think mine would have been $380. But it really depends on how out of whack the prop is. Mine was off quiet a bit.

ECeptor
    FREE.
    Now obviously to lab it cost something. I think mine would have been $380. But it really depends on how out of whack the prop is. Mine was off quiet a bit.
    But not free if I just wanted mine measured, but not tweeked....

Carbon Dave
    But not free if I just wanted mine measured, but not tweeked....
    Free regardless of if they touch it or not. I had mine check but not worked on. It takes them all of about 5 minutes. Probably takes them longer to open the box you sent it in.