Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: CST lift or Fabtech lift ???

WetWillie
    I am getting the truck all dolled up. I wanted a 6" CST lift with 35"s but the dealer is making the hard push on the Fabtech. Said it has less moving parts and does not need as much service. Like tightening and retightening of parts.. I told him its going to be more of a street truck and tow vehicle and he swears by the Fabtech. He also said its cheaper!!! So its not the hard sale..
    I have alsways planned to go with the CST but wanted to hear if Fabtech has come out with a better lift??
    Thoughts oppinion are appreciated..

havasujoe93
    I am getting the truck all dolled up. I wanted a 6" CST lift with 35"s but the dealer is making the hard push on the Fabtech. Said it has less moving parts and does not need as much service. Like tightening and retightening of parts.. I told him its going to be more of a street truck and tow vehicle and he swears by the Fabtech. He also said its cheaper!!! So its not the hard sale..
    I have alsways planned to go with the CST but wanted to hear if Fabtech has come out with a better lift??
    Thoughts oppinion are appreciated..
    Go with the CST lift, all around a better lift than Fabtech. What is it going on????

Wonderboy
    Fabtech has deffinitely come a long way and they are stepping up their game. But the CST is deffinitely a better lift, if you're actually going to use it. If it's mainly going to be used on the street I would deffinitely save your money and go with Fabtech.

sent you an e mail

INSman
    Might be worth mentioning that you have a 2005 Chevy 2500 HD 4x4 and unless Fabtech has changed something drastically to their 6" kit for the Chevy/GMC's, CST is the way to go.
    I have seen the newest 6" Fabtech kit on a Ford that looks great and H20toie here on the boards loves it, but you ain't got no Ford son, luckily !!!!

havasujoe93
    Might be worth mentioning that you have a 2005 Chevy 2500 HD 4x4 and unless Fabtech has changed something drastically to their 6" kit for the Chevy/GMC's, CST is the way to go.
    I have seen the newest 6" Fabtech kit on a Ford that looks great and H20toie here on the boards loves it, but you ain't got no Ford son, luckily !!!!
    My friends got the same set up, and loves his CST lift. The truck rides like stock. I haven't heard much about the Fabtech lift. Just going from experience.

WetWillie
    I dont like the fact that I have to tighten something on a regualr basis but in that end that might be the nature of the beast.
    Its going on a 05 Chevy Silvrado 2500HD 4X

WetWillie
    sent you an e mail
    try tekworks@san.rr.com

Magic34
    Call Barry at Custom Motorsports in Riverside and tell him I sent you.
    He'll take good care of you and he knows his stuff.

MagicMtnDan
    I wouldn't recommend Fabtech to anyone. :220v:

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast