Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: CST lift or Fabtech lift ???

sigepmock
    There is absolutely nothing on the CST lift that needs extra tighening that the Fabtech kit does not have!!! Please read my response in Cats and Tunnels. CST is the way to go. If you are set on a spindle lift please use the RCD lift and stay away from Fabtech.
    Chris

ParkerRat
    I had the 8" Fabtech on my last truck (02, 2500HD, 4x4) and it was ok. Wasn’t real impressed with Fabtech as a company though. Not real helpful when I contacted them a few times with steering problems. I am looking at the CST 9-11" Lift for my new truck (06, 2500HD 4x4, Diesel). I had Adam at Wired for Sound quote it. I also talked to the Guys at TAG motor sports on the 8" Fabtech (8" is as big as they go). They said they don’t sell the CST because they don’t like the steering setup. Anyone else heard anything about this?
    So far I think I am going with the 9-11" CST and maybe add the Fabtech steering kit. Anyone know if they will work together? I think the steering upgrade is a must since I went through 3 sets of Idler and Pitman arms on my last truck. The consensus here and from everyone I have talked to seems to be that CST is the best lift out there

dossangers
    Ive had 2 RCD kits on hd 2500's it is the only way to go very hi quality all black armor powdercoat and all grade 8 hardware no alingment problems! my 2 cents.

sigepmock
    Parkerrat, CST makes a great kit but if I was going to go that big I'd definately look at Cognito Motorsorts lifts too. I personnaly like the CST steering set-up but I'm only running the 6-8" kit. Cognito makes a great sterring upgrade that I used with my RCD 6" lift on my last truck. Justin the owner was great to talk with, even made me some custom upper a-arms for a very good price. Quality workmanship, great attitude, and they knew there stuff....no BS which is a big deal to me since I have an engineering degree and can usually smell the BS a mile away.
    It's a little far but call Jason Riley at Rancho Motorsports in Ontario(10 & a5 fwy meet) or try Jared at Outlaw Offroad in Irvine (949)581-5001. Both guys know there stuff and won't sell you something you don't need. I've worked with both and had great experiences.
    Good luck,
    Chris Mock

Deano
    Call Barry at Custom Motorsports in Riverside and tell him I sent you.
    He'll take good care of you and he knows his stuff.
    I just bought the 20s off his truck. The guys over there know their shit and take care of the customers. (have you seen the f650 their building? very badass! even a 4x4 to boot)
    I have a 8" Fabtech lift on my truck (2500hd/duramax) and was replacing the idler/pitmans every 5,000 miles. They finally came out with the steering kit that fixes the problem and I havent had any since. BUT, its an extra 500.00 or so on top of the lift kit price.
    If I did it all over again, I would throw away the independent and go with a dana 60 and bags all the way around. Pretty spendy going that route though....just go with the CST.

djunkie
    Anytime you alter the suspension via lift kit or lowering you are gonna need to retighten it sometime. I'd go with the CST. Seems like a lot of people who like theirs. If you don't want to have to worry about tightening it or squeeks and rattles (which will happen over time) leave it stock. :smile:

Deano
    So far I think I am going with the 9-11" CST and maybe add the Fabtech steering kit. Anyone know if they will work together?
    yes, it will. Pretty nice set up going that route.

ParkerRat
    Thanks for all the help It's sure is nice to be able to get some other opinions

Deano
    The cool thing about the CST is, it uses that rack up front to actually drop/reduce the angles of the steering, but the tie rod ball joints are left in their stock location, on the bottom which doesnt get rid of all the angle.
    Fabtech lifts bring the tie rod ends over the top. This reduces the angle, but not as much as the CST.
    If you are going with the CST and using the Fabtech steering upgrade, do not get rid of the lowering rack of the CST. Just combine the two and it is pretty much bullet proof.
    Im not that hard on my truck, but I have a friend with a 8" CST lift on the same truck and he absolutely beats the shit out of it in glamis (he thinks its a sand rail) and it still runs down the road solid and straight.
    Good luck.

sigepmock
    I went with the CST 6-8" lift and SoCal Supertrucks heavy duty tie rods, that work with the CST lift, so far so good.
    Here's a bad pic but you can see how it all lines up and how large the tie rods and heim joints are.
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...shock2-med.JPG
    Here's another pic of the same set-up with slightly more expensive shocks :2purples:
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...khoops-med.JPG

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast