Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: CST lift or Fabtech lift ???

ADAM GARCIA
    I am getting the truck all dolled up. I wanted a 6" CST lift with 35"s but the dealer is making the hard push on the Fabtech. Said it has less moving parts and does not need as much service. Like tightening and retightening of parts.. I told him its going to be more of a street truck and tow vehicle and he swears by the Fabtech. He also said its cheaper!!! So its not the hard sale..
    I have alsways planned to go with the CST but wanted to hear if Fabtech has come out with a better lift??
    Thoughts oppinion are appreciated..
    cst is way better lift min cutting of the truck. the best stering set up out there .would not use any kit but cst on a chevy. call me for a price we will take care of it.thanks WIRED FOR SOUND 951-696-2200

onetallhd
    I have had my CST lift(6-8" Kit w/ 37" tires) on my truck for 3 yrs. now and absolutly no problems!! My friend had the Fabtech and had nothing but problems. I got mine done at Gary's Sporttruck in Ontario. They did an excellent job!

PHOTOGLOU
    I dont like the fact that I have to tighten something on a regualr basis but in that end that might be the nature of the beast.
    Its going on a 05 Chevy Silvrado 2500HD 4X
    Where'd you get the truck???????????/ What dealer is selling you on the parts??????????? OK now my personal experiance..... Fabtech I have used on 2 vehicles BOTH broke ball joints when off roading ( I was being tough on the truck) CST never used so I don't know..... You should have bought my last truck...... Fabtech's worked great around town in normal driving situations.......

INSman
    Yeah, where did he get the truck ??!!?? WTF ??
    Selman is the ONLY dealer for Chevy's to HB members

Boa1277
    Here you go check out this one for sale looks like a pretty good deal to me maybe someone who owns one of these kits can tell you
    http://www.race-dezert.com/cgi-bin/t...econd&id=23732

Ultrafied
    I used the CST 6" on my truck. 2 1/2 years, 42k miles, no problems (no tightening, etc.). I would definitely recommend the CST kit over the Fabtech. 2 of my friends have the Fabtech and both have had their ball joints replaced because of the strain. Might be the exception though. Just food for thought.

Mr. Crusader 83
    Do Not Use Fabtech....... I Have Had The Fabtech 7in Lift On My Truck For 6 Months And I Hate It. Im Switching To Cst.... Fabtech Lifts Always Come Loose. Hes Lieing To You Because They Can Mark Fabtech Up. Cst Is Alot Of Money But Worth It. But Im Sad To Say That You Will Not Be Able To Fit 35s With A 7in Lift.
    On My Truck I Have A 7in Lift And A 3in Body Lift And It Still Rubbed On The Bumper. Had To Cut It Back.
    If You Have A Gmc Or Chevy Call
    Tag Motorsports In Escondido Ca. They Will Do The Lift And It Will Still Be Covered Under You Factory Warr. They Are Owned By Chevy, Gmc.

cc322
    OK the majority say get the CST I would agree, even though I am strictly a Ford guy therefore I use Donahoe Racing kit. Seems like the CST kit is to GM as the DR kit is to Ford. Your other option is sell the Gm buy a Ford with a straight axel and go Donahoe seriously my brotherinlaw loves GMC has a Superlift and hates it, said he would never lift another GM truck. That is just his opinion and you know what they say about that, go CST.

HOSS
    If only for street use "show and go" then Fabtech will be ok and you will save alot of money. If you plan to go off road even once,,,the Fabtech kit WILL fail. Fabtech is made for the off road look but the engineering or material is not designed for strenght and durability.

Mr. Crusader 83
    Sell The Chevy And Buy A Ford ! ! ! ! Did I Hear That Right?
    I Would Rather Push A Chevy Then Drive A Ford!!
    Cst Is More $$$ The Long Travel Kit Is $2800. You Get 14in Of Travel And It Comes With Coilovers....
    On My Fabtech Lift Im Going To Cut The Buckets Off For The Stock Springs And Put In A Coilover. I Hate The Way Fabtech Rides.. Like A Semi....
    Spend The Money And Go Cst You Will Be Happy....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast