Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: CST lift or Fabtech lift ???

dicudmore
    Anytime you alter the suspension via lift kit or lowering you are gonna need to retighten it sometime. I'd go with the CST. Seems like a lot of people who like theirs. If you don't want to have to worry about tightening it or squeeks and rattles (which will happen over time) leave it stock. :smile:
    That is the best advice yet...
    Guys, I am a GMC dealership service director and can not tell you how many POS lifted trucks come in here with chit falling off the front suspension to the point the damn truck is dangerous... Hubs coming apart, pitman and idler arm problems, gear box problems etc etc etc... We don't have these problems on STOCK trucks. The wheel offset is a big deal too, the wrong offset really loads the front hub bearings and tears them up.

Charley
    Stop Pussin big man.... go with the CST 9-12 and get the 38" Toyos.... Otherwise a guy half yer size will be pulling up next to you and not only will I be looking down on you, I will be able to see your wife's RACK!
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...uckchev060.jpg
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...uckchev056.jpg
    SHHHH don't tell Carl(sandbar Junkies)but I have an extra one of these sitting at my office too!
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...spital_066.jpg

Mr. Crusader 83
    Guys, I am a GMC dealership service director and can not tell you how many POS lifted trucks come in here with chit falling off the front suspension to the point the damn truck is dangerous... Hubs coming apart, pitman and idler arm problems, gear box problems etc etc etc... We don't have these problems on STOCK trucks. The wheel offset is a big deal too, the wrong offset really loads the front hub bearings and tears them up.
    yeah i have problems with my wheel bearings all the time. i have had the fabtech lift on my truck for about 6-7 months and have been through 3 wheels bearings (all driverside) at $305 a pop. then not to mention after i put the lift and wheels and tires on i had to have the rear end redone. $1700 with posi. it cost me $5000 total. and thats the highest i can go on a 2 wheel drive. and what still sucks is Charley can see my chicks rack when he drives by ... lol

Charley
    and what still sucks is Charley can see my chicks rack when he drives by ... lol
    I may have found my calling in life

SoCalHD
    yeah i have problems with my wheel bearings all the time. i have had the fabtech lift on my truck for about 6-7 months and have been through 3 wheels bearings (all driverside) at $305 a pop. then not to mention after i put the lift and wheels and tires on i had to have the rear end redone. $1700 with posi. it cost me $5000 total. and thats the highest i can go on a 2 wheel drive. and what still sucks is Charley can see my chicks rack when he drives by ... lol
    Crusader83-You could fix that. My younger brother has the Bulletproof Suspension 14" lift on his 00 Chevy 1/2 ton 2wd. He is running 38's. I have the 6" CST with a few upgrades on my 02 4x4 2500HD-I have had the lift on for almost a year with zero problems. I am running 37x12.50 tires with no rubbing-and yes, it has been offroad several times.

BadKachina
    I hate to say it because I love GM products too, but if you want a lifted truck with 8 or 10 or more inches of lift you need a straight axle. If not just get a 4/6" lift and be happy. If you must go big buy a Superduty with a full floating axel and you wont have any of these problems. I've had my Excursion with a Powerstroke for 80k now, 10" lift with 39" tires. No ball joints, no broken tie rod ends, absolutely no problems except replacing the U joints once. There are many features I like in the Gm's but when it comes to big lifts you can either convert your Gm to a straight axle for big $ or buy a Ford from the get go. Over ten inches in a Ford and you really need to buy a cross over steering kit, that will be your biggest expense with a huge lift.

BadKachina
    Crusader83-You could fix that. My younger brother has the Bulletproof Suspension 14" lift on his 00 Chevy 1/2 ton 2wd. He is running 38's. I have the 6" CST with a few upgrades on my 02 4x4 2500HD-I have had the lift on for almost a year with zero problems. I am running 37x12.50 tires with no rubbing-and yes, it has been offroad several times.
    I can imagine that little tiny ten bolt rearend with 38's on it. That's like running an alpha with a 525, not a matter of if it will go but when.

SoCalHD
    I can imagine that little tiny ten bolt rearend with 38's on it. That's like running an alpha with a 525, not a matter of if it will go but when.
    I know-that is why I have a HD with the full floating 14 bolt with just 37's!!! I like knowing my stuff isan't an accident waiting to happen! And believe me, I have tried to tell him-but what do I know. I just the idiot older brother!!! :hammer2:

Mr. Crusader 83
    dont get me wrong i love my truck... i just hate the fact that im $5000 into it and those shit ass fords roll up and there 2 feet taller...... damn straight axels..... anyways im looking at a bigger lift so i can fit 20's on 38's....

SoCalHD
    dont get me wrong i love my truck... i just hate the fact that im $5000 into it and those shit ass fords roll up and there 2 feet taller...... damn straight axels..... anyways im looking at a bigger lift so i can fit 20's on 38's....
    There was a guy around the corner from me that had a white 1/2 ton 2wd that had the Bulletproof 14" suspension lift, the 4" CST spindles, and a 3" body lift-he was clearing 42"s EASILY. That thing was frickin tall!!!!!
    The Bulletproof 14" lift would allow you to run 38's on 20's easy on your truck.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast