Thread: Throttle body Spacer on 5.3 chevy V8????

H20 Party Starter
    Anyone install one of these throttle body spacers on any late model Gas v8's?
    I'm curious if they work well, or if you can even notice a difference.
    I've always run K&N intake/filters and flomaster exhaust on my trucks and am looking for stuff to order on my new 06 silverado (Thanks Jay )
    Any input?????
    Thanks crew

MAINEVENT
    Anyone install one of these throttle body spacers on any late model Gas v8's?
    I'm curious if they work well, or if you can even notice a difference.
    I've always run K&N intake/filters and flomaster exhaust on my trucks and am looking for stuff to order on my new 06 silverado (Thanks Jay )
    Any input?????
    Thanks crew
    I ran one in my suburban but i did a CFM throttle body at the same time i noticed a difference but im not sure if it was the spacer or the throttle body ported and polished

Throttle
    Did you call?

LAFD
    i have one on my dodge. really didnt notice a difference it whistles now with the cai.

BowTie Rick
    Might have a problem with the intake kit as the spacer forces everything forward toward the radiator on GM trucks and that plays havoc with bracket alignment. Not saying it can't be done but kit installation will not be straight forward and will require some fabrication. Our testing shows them (spacers) to be most effective at higher RPMs out of what we consider "normal" driving ranges. The intake kit, however, begins increasing performance at a much lower RPM and is therefore more useful to everyday driving.

cain129
    You'll have an overall rise in Vollumetric effeciency but your best bet is to run a high flow exhaust and cat, at least 450cid, headers and a high flow intake. Design of the engine depends on the Thermal effeciency of the engine with the mods. Remember you'll get better gas mileage with all the mods as long as you don't put your foot on it too much but if you realy want better gas mileage and power, Turbo charge it - Fk nomaly aspirated engines.

H20 Party Starter
    Thanks for the input, I guess I'll hold off on the spacer and see how the intake and exhaust does. This motor is the new generation 5.3 All alum. block, supposed to be 15 more horsepower stock than the other 5.3's. It's only got 400 miles on it, so I'm waiting for a little more break-in time before I see what she can really do
    I do already know for sure that the rear end deffinately has a locker

Boa1277
    Pro Charger makes a nice kit for the new 5.3 :rollside:

Flashover
    Did you call?
    Throttle body.. Close though :crossx: :crossx: