Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: powerglide in a flatbottom

BIGCHRIS
    Yes you can find it used that stuff is out there check E-Bay for one, the driveshaft may take a while because of the lenght though but I'm sure there's one out there that'll work for ya!.. I may even have one up for sale shortly!..
    I wil do some measuring and find out what i need .I will keep my eyes open on e bay ,also pm me if u find some of the stuff thanks

GofastRacer
    I wil do some measuring and find out what i need .I will keep my eyes open on e bay ,also pm me if u find some of the stuff thanks
    I'll keep an eye out for ya!..

coolchange
    I'm putting one in my boat. PG has the lowest parasitic loss of any auto trans. Ya low gear is way low, but it works for 5 mph zones. They're small and light and work good for a recreational boat. I'd run it for a while before you took it out becaused its not race.

WILDERTHANU
    STFU Hanson, you dont know shit. Go back to installing your TVs, Speakers, Stereos and shit.
    lmao!!!

DaveA
    I'm putting one in my boat. PG has the lowest parasitic loss of any auto trans. Ya low gear is way low, but it works for 5 mph zones. They're small and light and work good for a recreational boat. I'd run it for a while before you took it out becaused its not race.
    Chris,
    I agree with the above. Especially on our lakes- reverse comes in handy alot, and so does neutral, not having to bang the Casale in & out like some guys do. It may be alot different on a river where you've got a beach and a fairly predictable current, but I know of two flats in this area that were sold because the owners got aggravated trying to manuever these things around the ramps and marinas without a trannie.
    We've got a potload of no-wake zones cropping up on the Catawba lake chain- every guy that lives on the main channel thinks he has a right to plop a no-wake bouy out in front of his dock, etc. Every bridge you go under on Lake Norman is a no- wake zone! So if you've got any plans for a real thumper with high idle, leave the PG in there, in my opinion. I've got a Velvet Drive in mine- F-N-R, no low gear.
    You bringing it to Lake James???? hint-hint

BIGCHRIS
    Chris,
    I agree with the above. Especially on our lakes- reverse comes in handy alot, and so does neutral, not having to bang the Casale in & out like some guys do. It may be alot different on a river where you've got a beach and a fairly predictable current, but I know of two flats in this area that were sold because the owners got aggravated trying to manuever these things around the ramps and marinas without a trannie.
    We've got a potload of no-wake zones cropping up on the Catawba lake chain- every guy that lives on the main channel thinks he has a right to plop a no-wake bouy out in front of his dock, etc. Every bridge you go under on Lake Norman is a no- wake zone! So if you've got any plans for a real thumper with high idle, leave the PG in there, in my opinion. I've got a Velvet Drive in mine- F-N-R, no low gear.
    Dave ,I put it in the water rode for about 20 min and it stripped the torque converter eliminator splines.So with that said buy another for $320 and take a chance on it doing it again,or go with the driveline i am scared to try it again and waiste the money when i could use it towards a driveline :mix: :mix: maybe i can find some used stuff,be on the lookout for me thanks

superdave013
    what kind of boat is it?

BIGCHRIS
    what kind of boat is it?
    SD, It is a 82 cole TR 2 bbc

EXTREMEBOATS
    :notam: Hey Biggin, Call me and I'll help set your mind at ease. Remember my red Deaver? Hydro? Blown small block, Shorty power glide, sprint car coupler... Hydro.... lower than any flat... IMO the neatest "TOOL" in the box....Call... Oh Yea, Congrat's on the new baby.....
    Mike

Kim Hanson
    STFU Hanson, you dont know shit. Go back to installing your TVs, Speakers, Stereos and shit.
    Kiss my arse and go buy some of those spinning fart tubes for your boat now RiceBoy.........( . )( . ).........Or car, whatever one has less stickers

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast