Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Definition of Chine Walk

jdogginla
    Someone give me the definition of Chine Walk? :mix:

Havasu Hangin'
    A chine walk is better than a chine run.
    :supp:
    Actually, I believe a "chine walk" is when the stern starts rocking back and forth (from chine to chine) at higher speeds. It's usually caused by too much stern-lift.
    Remember the "speed wobbles" on your skateboard when you were a kid? Remember how scary it was?

jdogginla
    A chine walk is better than a chine run.
    :supp:
    Actually, I believe a "chine walk" is when the stern starts rocking back and forth (from chine to chine) at higher speeds. It's usually caused by too much stern-lift.
    Remember the "speed wobbles" on your skateboard when you were a kid? Remember how scary it was?
    Thanks.........that's what i figured, but saw it mentioned alot lately so i just wanted clarification.
    Thank god my jet skii's don't do that shit........LOL

Powerquestboy
    Chine walk is when your boat tider toders side to side and basically bounces off its chines at speed. Its pretty scarry sometimes but can be corrected with trim or adding throttle. <-- Laymans terms

Jbb
    given the right speeds...and conditions.....sheer terror ...is an accurate description.... :redface:

Tom Brown
    given the right speeds...and conditions.....sheer terror ...is an accurate description.... :redface:
    Baby.
    It's all in a day's work when you run a 16' V hull up in the 80s and 90s.

Throttle
    Chine walk is when your boat tider toders side to side and basically bounces off its chines at speed. Its pretty scarry sometimes but can be corrected with trim or adding throttle. <-- Laymans terms
    did you say add "throttle"?

boxscore
    The scary thing is how some V's are more prone to it than others. I once had a boat the would get real exciting at only about 55mph :2purples:

Jbb
    Baby.
    It's all in a day's work when you run a 16' V hull up in the 80s and 90s.
    Keep you vee hull.....and your chine walk.....One ride in a cat for you ...Brown.......would probably bring you to orgasm.......eeeewwwww

Tom Brown
    Keep you vee hull.....and your chine walk.....One ride in a cat for you ...Brown.......would probably bring you to orgasm.......eeeewwwww
    I would be the first time I've orgasmed in a tunnel.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast