Thread: Does anybody have any rott pups?

racecar.hotshoe
    I got the news today. I have to put my male down monday an I just hate to do it.Thanks,Mark

riverbound
    I got the news today. I have to put my male down monday an I just hate to do it.Thanks,Mark
    That sucks I have 2 females that are getting up there and Im not looking forward to that day at all :squiggle:

racecar.hotshoe
    That sucks I have 2 females that are getting up there and Im not looking forward to that day at all :squiggle:
    he came down with diabetes.

riverbound
    sucks.....Mine are doing OK...I dont see them much anymore, they livce with the Exwife now. But when I do see them they still act like puppies.

dicudmore
    sorry to hear that Mark

RiverToysJas
    WOW! They are suggesting you put him down for that?
    My Rottie came down with diabetes just after turning 4 years old. He went from 115 down to 80 pounds in just over a week. Looked like skin on bone at 80 pounds too. Our vet put him on insilin(sp?) right away. We had to give him two shots a day, and watch his diet. It was a lot of work, and I no longer have issues with needles after giving a big male Rottie two shots a day for about 9 months. That's how long he lasted. He gained his weight back and then some. He was about 125pounds when he died in his sleep one night. I got home from work, prepared his shot, went to give it him, and he was dead where he slept. That was the worst night of my life. They said with proper regulation he could have lived a full life, perhaps we messed up something, I don't know. We loved him while he was here, I know that.
    That was three years ago, and I plan to get another sometime in the next year or so. Just want our kids to be a little older first.....too much work having small kids and a pups.
    Good luck in your search for a new pup!!! They are great dogs.
    RTJas