Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why my summer is not over

Sweet Addiction
    Good luck with your new Check' . I love My 251 I just put in a new 502 with aliminum heads making a tad over 500hp and we are running 76 on GPS with 3 on board a 3/4 take of fuel. Summer ended for me this weekend. the duck hunters take over the lake.
    MikeW
    Thanks,
    I am absolutely thrilled with it. Went out this weekend for the second time and I feel much more comfortable driving it now. It was taking some getting use to. Sorry to hear your summer is over, the weather is turning a little crappy here so I may be putting the boat up soon. Well, just for a little while.
    later, Jared.

Carnivalride
    Well the water was a little cold but I had to go out anyway. Got the timing and jetting pretty much set, spaced the propshaft back a little. It seemed real quick and didn’t mph to bad either for only 12gears in the box, I’ll try the 18’s at the track. Anyway I think tuning from here will have to be done at the track so here's how the afternoon went. :hammerhea :hammerhea
    Ready for launch (http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...t=7&thecat=500)
    GPS results (http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...t=7&thecat=500)

Sweet Addiction
    Well the water was a little cold but I had to go out anyway. Got the timing and jetting pretty much set, spaced the propshaft back a little. It seemed real quick and didn’t mph to bad either for only 12gears in the box, I’ll try the 18’s at the track. Anyway I think tuning from here will have to be done at the track so here's how the afternoon went. :hammerhea :hammerhea
    Ready for launch (http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...t=7&thecat=500)
    GPS results (http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...t=7&thecat=500)
    Dang 101 mph. Thats flyin. I wish my boat would run 100 +. But then it might scare the living shit out of me. Seems you had an excellent run. At least you can say it was a good end to the season and she is ready to hit the water in the spring. Good luck with those future trial runs.
    Jared.

Carnivalride
    Dang 101 mph. Thats flyin. I wish my boat would run 100 +. But then it might scare the living shit out of me. Seems you had an excellent run. At least you can say it was a good end to the season and she is ready to hit the water in the spring. Good luck with those future trial runs.
    Jared.
    Thanks Jared, I was hoping for a little more but you know how that goes.. :idea:
    Loren

BIGCHRIS
    CARIVALRIDE,thats pretty solid run,are u going to use the boat for pleasure and racing,what kind of combo on the engine are u running,heads,carb,cam and compression.I am thinking of doing another engine this winter and looking at different ways to go

ECeptor
    CARIVALRIDE,thats pretty solid run,are u going to use the boat for pleasure and racing,what kind of combo on the engine are u running,heads,carb,cam and compression.I am thinking of doing another engine this winter and looking at different ways to go
    He's going to use it to scare the crap out of me everytime he gives me a ride! :jawdrop:

Carnivalride
    The boat is used for pulling the kids tubing, cruising the swim beaches and an ocasional lake race 95% of the time. The rare 5% it actually goes to sanctioned races. I'm not sure many people would like the new engine combo, its a little on the impractical side for most. It won't run straight 91 octane, it won't idle much below 1200rpm, but it does run when you stand on it! :crossx: :crossx:
    The engine is not the only thing that lets this boat run, its had extensive bottom work and some hardware relocation too.

Carnivalride
    He's going to use it to scare the crap out of me everytime he gives me a ride! :jawdrop:
    Face it Ed your addicted! Your even starting to like my old POS a little :smile: .

ECeptor
    Face it Ed your addicted! Your even starting to like my old POS a little :smile: .
    The only thing I don't like about your old POS is it's almost twice as fast as my old POS!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12