Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I Quit Smoking

Captain Dan
    $400.00 is a bargain for better health and not to mention the
    expense...
    Think I'll check out this deal.
    Keep us posted perodically of your results....
    PJ
    I will definitely post my progress - time will tell on all these types of matters, and I'm probably more skeptical than most, (usually).
    When I've tried to quit before, I tried not to announce it - in case I failed. Some of you know what I'm talking about.....

Captain Dan
    I did this
    http://www.freedomlasertherapy.com/
    Congrats to you. It is not easy I know.
    I looked into this too. Did it work for you? Was the 72-hour detox period they speak of difficult?

Mrs.Racer277
    I looked into this too. Did it work for you? Was the 72-hour detox period they speak of difficult?
    I had no detox period. I never craved the nicotine but the habit of smoking is what is hard.

core attitude
    Any idea if this works for smokeless? I tried to quit on my B-day last year (after 25 years of chewing) but it didn't last for long. I really would like to give it another go.
    Best of luck to you!!
    Pete

76ANTHONY
    I had no detox period. I never craved the nicotine but the habit of smoking is what is hard.
    and the trying not to smoke the hubby was hard too huh???

Captain Dan
    Any idea if this works for smokeless? I tried to quit on my B-day last year (after 25 years of chewing) but it didn't last for long. I really would like to give it another go.
    Best of luck to you!!
    Pete
    Don't know - I would imagine it would. She only does smoking, but it's so closely related, I would imagine she would do it. I will PM the info to all interested parties tomorrow - I forgothe number at home.

Captain Dan
    Exactly - you reach for it because that's what you do, and have done for years. I had as few of those thoughts yesterday, but they weren't even urges, they were just a passing thoughts, like: do i need to go the store, do I have a lighter, I guess it's time have a smoke, etc.
    The same stuff that usually crosses your mind, but there were only fleeting thoughts and quickly dismissed, and I mean quickly - my subconscious kicked in and reminded me that I don't smoke - even after a few drinks, which was the most difficult time for me.

76ANTHONY
    im thinking this is what i need to quit, im goin for it... let me know that number when you get home...

bunny 166
    Congratulations!! You must be feeling great about yourself right now....My Dad quit cold turkey after smoking for 30 years....Just decided he'd had enough. That was 8 years ago, and not 1 cig since. Keep up the good work!! If my Dad can do it, so can you!

Mrs.Racer277
    Exactly - you reach for it because that's what you do, and have done for years. I had as few of those thoughts yesterday, but they weren't even urges, they were just a passing thoughts, like: do i need to go the store, do I have a lighter, I guess it's time have a smoke, etc.
    The same stuff that usually crosses your mind, but there were only fleeting thoughts and quickly dismissed, and I mean quickly - my subconscious kicked in and reminded me that I don't smoke - even after a few drinks, which was the most difficult time for me.
    Drinking and not smoking was hard at first. And driving long distances has been really hard. I chew tons of gum.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast