Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need to know how much she weighs?

AZJD
    Did you have a fat chick onboard?
    NEVER! :supp:
    It was me, and 5 other people.....4 of which were girls and all our crap for the day, and a half tank of gas (45gallons or so)
    64.8 in moderate chop..... not too bad, i just can't be going that slow with FF living so close by!

dicudmore
    It was me, and 5 other people.....4 of which were girls and all our crap for the day, and a half tank of gas (45gallons or so)
    64.8 in moderate chop..... not too bad, i just can't be going that slow with FF living so close by!
    sounds very realistic to me...that is what my 29' Cheetah ran give or take with similar load

AZJD
    sounds very realistic to me...that is what my 29' Cheetah ran give or take with similar load
    I think this weekend I will put some octane booster in it and run just a gallon of that and see how fast I cen get it...............Then find a Cig and see if I can smoke it! Marlboro that is!

pixrthis
    What power and prop do you have? The 29 race boat weighs 4530 empty and used to GPS 82-84 with a 500 EFI with a labbed 28P depending on conditions.

FullUp
    Depending on the layup, 4800 - 5200 lb with an HP 500. Add to this the weight of fuel. A full 90 gallons will add another 555 lb.

STV_Keith
    Uh oh. The "police boat" will catch you! 110+gals of fuel, 3 on board with a light gear load it runs 67.5 on GPS with the 20's, turning the tachs right up. Got a set of 24's for this weekend. Watch out JD!

AZJD
    Uh oh. The "police boat" will catch you! 110+gals of fuel, 3 on board with a light gear load it runs 67.5 on GPS with the 20's, turning the tachs right up. Got a set of 24's for this weekend. Watch out JD!
    I will keep a quarter tank and no one on board and I should be able to get 68ish.......... but what fun is that?

AZJD
    What power and prop do you have? The 29 race boat weighs 4530 empty and used to GPS 82-84 with a 500 EFI with a labbed 28P depending on conditions.
    I am running the 496 MAG HO with a Merc 28p...It has a balsa core and was actually an F1 boat.

FullUp
    I am running the 496 MAG HO with a Merc 28p...It has a balsa core and was actually an F1 boat.
    What pixrthis said. Your proabably running mid 70's with the 496. I've been for a test ride in this boat. It's a great rough water boat.

pixrthis
    AZJD
    Your boat was one of the last 29's built as a race boat. The one I drove was the one before yours. Yours had every trick done to it and wasn't raced that many times.
    What RPM's are you getting with a 28 and is it labbed?
    Also these boats respond to pushing as much weight to the back as possible, better handling and more speed. We never reached the point that we had the CG to far back. They're great boats.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12