Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: ***boat or Drama & BS

BarryMac
    I've never seen drama here.
    Lurker here. I'm calling BullSh!t...

phebus
    I used to read almost every thread, now I'm lucky to read 1 in 5. I try my best to screen the thread by it's title, but sometimes like on this thread, I get sucked in.

Sportin' Wood
    Yes, this place has become less about boating....MUCH LESS....it's funny cause other sites dedicated to Jeeping, Cars, etc....have moderators that keep topics on point, but here posts go 9 ways to Sunday without any intervention, and the initial point of the post is completely lost.
    I have definitely lessened the amount of times I post.....
    http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24
    Yea just like this 4x4 site is all about 4 wheeling :rollside: :squiggle:

Yes, this place has become less about boating....MUCH LESS....it's funny cause other sites dedicated to Jeeping, Cars, etc....have moderators that keep topics on point, but here posts go 9 ways to Sunday without any intervention, and the initial point of the post is completely lost.
    I have definitely lessened the amount of times I post.....
    Just some thoughts...
    I'm sure if ***boat cared or asked the mods to do this it could / would be done.
    Or paid moderators (as it would be substantially more work to review every thread in detail)... no the moderators are not paid here as they likely are on forums that are managed more dilligently.
    However, on the infrequent occasions the ***boat moderators do edit or move something the whining from the anti-censorship group can be deafening. So for no pay or benefit why bother, especially when no directive has been given to do so by ***boat.
    So the mods do what we've been asked to do, basically keep things at least remotely on topic (sandbar has no topic), and keep people from violating forum rules (nudity, applicable spam, threats, ect.).

topless
    Lurker here. I'm calling BullSh!t... I got your BullSh!t Mr. Lurker. :idea:

mbrown2
    Just some thoughts...
    basically keep things at least remotely on topic (sandbar has no topic), and keep people from violating forum rules (nudity, applicable spam, threats, ect.).
    I don't see how Rhino's have anything to do with Cats and Tunnels....but its litered with stuff when it could be Tow Rides or create another section for off road.
    Also, I doubt Jeep4x4 or other forums such as Scream and Fly pay there mods, and it can be a little straight at times, but at least it stays on topic.
    I guess you are right though...if ***boat does not care, why should you?

76ANTHONY
    what the hell, mods arent paid?????

what the hell, mods arent paid?????
    We're paid in "ridicule coupons".

76ANTHONY
    We're paid in "ridicule coupons".
    SWEET

I guess you are right though...if ***boat does not care, why should you?
    Well we did / do care (speaking cumulatively for the moderators) initially to take on the job of saving the forums from being shut down. That was close to happening due to the nudity issue at the time. But to do hours of detail work reviewing every thread and sorting through the bs, at least for me, ain't happenin.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast