Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New IMCO Drive

HP350SC
    I saw that boat the Tony Adams has. They did not move the engine forward.
    I wonder how they made room for a tranny? Maybe they just start it in gear or something.

don johnson
    Well I would agree ARneson is the way to go. I had one on my 1981 carrera elite and it has 23 years service. my question is has anyone seen one or know of one on a 25/26 single motor cat????
    ALso Im not sure an arneson 10 will adapt, its quite big and a 8 isnt rated at 1000 hp. would be interested to hear of anyone using an arneson on a single cat. I cant keep my imco extreme from breaking with 1000 hp, and 32k is a little out of my price range for the new one. Id take an old, in perfect shape b-max if anyone is throwing one out
    Call Ron at Bad Attitude Marine, I believe he has a used B Max for sale. He is the West coast dist for B Max.
    Ron's number is 928 669- 8870

HP350SC
    yea Mike you have to add the tranny in there. My arneson on my old carrera was stamped #001, hows that for longevity. its still on boat and was first production one made. I believe last time Keith talked to rick at Arneson there was an issue with the #8 adapting or thr HP rating. I'm not sure now which it was. Taking my imco apart this weekend, what fun.
    Is it true that the imco is xr gears inside?
    Yes it does have XR gears. To my way of thinking, the bigger shafts may not break as easily but they transfer more shock load to the gearset. That is why Max machine worx(and maybe others now) designed larger shafts that have some torsional "give" to help absorb torque spikes.

acatitude
    Hp, don johnson, delta rat. thanks for the info, wanted to make sure what I was told was correct. being new to the outdrives im learning. taking my top plate off this weekend and see if I can see if the upper is ok or what. thanks for the info # on the b-max. probably out of my range but will check it out

acatitude
    HP i had the small shafts before worked grerat. upgraded to the big shafts and pow, lol. I think it had more to do with the setup. Ive found out a little by asking and it seems that they say to leave an extra 3 thousands clearence and it helps the backlash on the gears and Im sure mine didnt have that so we start over

acatitude
    Craig supposedly there is a carrera 257 up north here with an arneson but I have never seen it nor has Keith and we have tried to find the guy. Well I broke the vertical shaft right at the lower gears . took the lower off and the shaft kinda wiggled right out in my hand . guess I will make some calls and see how much this will be.

Riverkid
    Here's a shot of the Arnesons on a 63 footer with 1300 MTU Diesels...
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...007_Large_.jpg

acatitude
    that swim platform looks bigger then my patio

acatitude
    test test

acatitude
    think someone has the time wrong on their pc or something

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast