Thread: 455 / Torker ???

Boatcop
    Can the stock size 455 Intake bolts be used with the Torker manifold?
    I have a line on some SS bolts for the 455 intake, but don't want to put out the scratch if they won't work with the Torker. The seller isn't sure if they'll work or not.
    Thanks in advance.

Cas
    oh boy, I wish I could remember for sure. I changed over to a Torker on an Olds all the way back in 1978 on my first boat. I'm now too old to remember such details :redface:
    But there's a foggy memory of having issues getting to the center bolts....I think they need to be 7/16's head size to work. 9/16's are too big and won't clear the manifold.
    I'd say go ahead and pick them up. Worse case, you have fishing weights or wrist rocket ammo.

'75 Miller
    Hey Boatcop, yes and no. 9/16 heads can be used at the 4 corners, but the 8 bolts in between the runners must have considerably smaller heads. Edelbrock sends 7/16 headed bolts with the manifold, as Cas stated, but even with those it's tough to avoid scuffing some of the runners. They're CLOSE. It's not the bolt but the socket you use that will rub. You might try finding some strong allen bolts and making a custom lenght allen key that fits into an appropriate sized socket to do your tightening/torquing. That's what I plan to do when my 455 is ready to go back together.
    Hope this helps

Floored
    I used different length header bolts to get in the inside holes. No room for much in there.

I'd do like 75 Miller said and use allen-headed bolts for the difficult access spots. If you can find a ball-hex allen socket like this it may make the job a lot easier.
    http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/OBJECTS/49200/49127.JPG
    Now, if you can find a "Holley Street Dominator" manifold for a 455, it is very similar to the Edelbrock Torker but without the tight spots fot the mounting bolts.

Boatcop
    Thanks for all the help. Looks like I'll go with the Allen Head bolts.
    I've got a set of ball/allen (I like the sound of that ) sockets, So I'm all set.

Squirtin Thunder
    If you need bolts, stainless there is that place in Havasu right across from Sleekcraft. They have at least 100 of everything !!! Nice people and good prices too !!!