Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Total boat weight

Unchained
    I weighed my boat before I transferred it to the dolly trailer for winter storage and got a lot more than I expected.
    1940# ready to run with about 5 gallons of gas and no loose gear.
    Who has weighed their boat accurately and has some numbers to post ?
    I weighed the bare hull a couple years ago and subtracted for every last nut and bolt including the pump intake and got 640#. I'm amazed that the rest of the parts added up to that much and I've got an aluminum block too.

damn, thats no lightweight.
    check your pms for my total weight in race trim..

canuck1
    1940# including the trailer, 35 gal fuel and all the weekend shite

damn, thats no lightweight.
    check your pms for my total weight in race trim..
    Common Chris ... inquiring minds want to know ...

Rampager
    I'd love to know what mine weighs but might be better off not knowing since we end up pushing the damn thing so much! LOL
    Had a nother wacky adventure yesterday and at one point had the boat sitting a$$ high leaning on its side right sponson clean out of the water. On a positive note 2x2 aluminum tubes are GREAT fopr pushing a jetboat!
    Cheers
    (p.s mental note: don't run shallow rivers with over 50 gal of fuel onboard)

Squirtin Thunder
    I'd love to know what mine weighs but might be better off not knowing since we end up pushing the damn thing so much! LOL
    Had a nother wacky adventure yesterday and at one point had the boat sitting a$$ high leaning on its side right sponson clean out of the water. On a positive note 2x2 aluminum tubes are GREAT fopr pushing a jetboat!
    Cheers
    (p.s mental note: don't run shallow rivers with over 50 gal of fuel onboard)
    You need to take pics of this stuff !!!
    And Share them !!!

Aluminum Squirt
    Hey Unchained, I'm guessing with that nasty TT motor it wouldn't really matter if your sled weighed 3,000, you'd still smoke most anybody-Aluminum Squirt

Duane HTP
    Unchained, I added up all of your gear as near as I can, and come up with about 1720 lbs. However, you may have some things in there I don't know about. I'm going to be in you neck of the woods Wednesday delivering a new boat. Only problem is, that I'm going to be on the other side of the lake again. I'd sure like to get by and see you and your shop sometime.

Common Chris ... inquiring minds want to know ...
    Not a chance..
    You fondled my boat last race, do the math. Iron block with alum heads and tunnel ram. Medium weight boat, Jetdrive with all the BS, river boat rigging, no trick lightweight installation by any means.

Unchained, I added up all of your gear as near as I can, and come up with about 1720 lbs. .
    I was thinking about this all day today, and actually just got off the phone with a buddy and we were just talking about this about an hour ago. I was saying the same thing, it just didnt add up.What does the engine weigh wet? If you had that number we could make the call wether those numbers are bogus or not.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast