Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Max Fuel psi???

Racing Ray
    Holley does sell high pressure needle and seat units that are good to 11PSI if you are worried. They should be available at any speed shop.

Infomaniac
    HammerDown:
    Educate me about the Bypass "after the Carb"...I'm lost on that one.
    Thanks I will post a pic this evening.

GofastRacer
    Fiat48:
    Been away from carbs a long time. But when I used to run pro gas flat, I did some testing with a Holley 110 pump and a regulator. The regulator caused the actual free flow fuel delivery to be cut down to 55 GPH. Plus the cheap little Holley regulators would stick and flood the engine, usually at the starting line. The bypass system solved the problem and got the fuel delivery back to what we wanted. When we went to injection, we never went back to carbs. I hear ya, that's why I'm going back to these!..
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/12My_Crowers.jpg[/img]

GofastRacer
    HammerDown:
    Thanks This is one example of what I ran but there are other type bypasses you can get. The thing is to put the bypass after the carb(s)have been fed not between the pump and the carb!..
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/12Carb_Bypass-med.jpg[/img]

HammerDown
    GofastRacer:
    HammerDown:
    Thanks This is one example of what I ran but there are other type bypasses you can get. The thing is to put the bypass after the carb(s)have been fed not between the pump and the carb!..
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/12Carb_Bypass-med.jpg[/img] Hmmmm, thanks for the pic...but dosent that show the bypass between the pump and carb? (scratching my head).
    After the carb is feed, hows that? I'm not getting the picture here

HammerDown
    OK...I'm guessing that little Gold thingy...is pre set to maybe 8 lbs. so as to only alow that much pressure through...correct?
    And if so, what is it goes bad= not good!

GofastRacer
    HammerDown:
    GofastRacer:
    HammerDown:
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/12Carb_Bypass-med.jpg[/img] Hmmmm, thanks for the pic...but dosent that show the bypass between the pump and carb? (scratching my head).
    After the carb is feed, hows that? I'm not getting the picture here The bypass is toward the tank, on the oposite end would be the line directly from the pump. That way you have full pressure to the carbs. Over 8lbs, the bypass will bleed off the extra pressure but the carb will always have full pressure. If you tee in the bypass between the pump and the carb, you may not get full pressure at the carb..

GofastRacer
    HammerDown:
    OK...I'm guessing that little Gold thingy...is pre set to maybe 8 lbs. so as to only alow that much pressure through...correct?
    And if so, what is it goes bad= not good! All that is is an injector bypass with a spring and poppet set to 8lbs...

HammerDown
    Got it...thanks.

GofastRacer
    Glad to be of help!..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast