Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lake Lanier

throwerb
    What does this mean?
    Overall, it sounds like a good place to invest in lake property. Still reasonable.
    Thanks
    How about 20 min. north of nashville on Old Hickory. I moved here a year ago and love it. My neighbors house is for sale for $550k right on the lake.

Outnumbered
    How about 20 min. north of nashville on Old Hickory. I moved here a year ago and love it. My neighbors house is for sale for $550k right on the lake.
    I'm looking for more of a bargain now that may be a popular area in about 15 years. $550k as an investment is out of my league. I was surfing Lakehouse.com and there are tons of cheap lakefronts in the south--$300k or less. I'm sure the're not all in bad areas. Most of the houses look very nice.

mickeyfinn
    I'm looking for more of a bargain now that may be a popular area in about 15 years. $550k as an investment is out of my league. I was surfing Lakehouse.com and there are tons of cheap lakefronts in the south--$300k or less. I'm sure the're not all in bad areas. Most of the houses look very nice.
    Very few bad areas on lanier. From a boating standpoint the bad areas are the most expensive as they are on the southside closest to Atlanta and most in demand by those who are willing to commute and sit it traffic. You can still get a real nice house on the water with a dock on the north end for 250,000 to 350,000. I don't know of any area that I would call a bad are on lanier. My point was just that even the areas that may not be as nice as others don't have any problems. The biggest problem we have is all the people that want to "go to the lake" and don't have a clue how much expense is involved keeping all the water toys in food for a weekend.

Outnumbered
    Good info, thanks. I'm not just set on Lanier. I am looking at any opportunity in the south on a lake where you can have a dock/slip in your back yard and still be within an hour of a decent size city.

riverroyal
    my wife and I were there about 3 years ago,we looked at homes with boat docks etc.I was moving for sure!Got on the plane coming home,couldnt stop talking about the lake,got home,went to work,its been 3 years.

throwerb
    Best of luck to you.

Outnumbered
    Best of luck to you.
    Not sure how to take that. Sarcasm or sincere comment? What is your take on the $300k-ish lake houses? I am just throwing some ideas around at this point so any input would be appreciated.
    Thanks

Outnumbered
    my wife and I were there about 3 years ago,we looked at homes with boat docks etc.I was moving for sure!Got on the plane coming home,couldnt stop talking about the lake,got home,went to work,its been 3 years.
    So what did you think? What areas did you look in? I am looking to buy a lakefront place, rent it out, and possibly retire there in 15 years. The only real issues that I have is if I could handle the humidity and the bugs (mosquitos). AZ nights are so sweet when its 90*, no bugs, and 20% humidity.

throwerb
    Not sure how to take that. Sarcasm or sincere comment? What is your take on the $300k-ish lake houses? I am just throwing some ideas around at this point so any input would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Very sincere. I'm sure you will find something there are plenty of deals left out this way. I'm always trying to talk more Hot Boaters in to moving to this area, best move I ever made, and I'm sure Nashvillebound will tell you the same. Let me know if I can help.

Outnumbered
    Very sincere. I'm sure you will find something there are plenty of deals left out this way. I'm always trying to talk more Hot Boaters in to moving to this area, best move I ever made, and I'm sure Nashvillebound will tell you the same. Let me know if I can help.
    Thanks. I thought maybe I was out of touch with those prices. Good to know that it can still be done. I have been kicking this around for some time and every now and then I get a little excited about it--then I get busy with other things and blow it off. I'm going to have to just break down and do it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12