Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CATALINA RUN 11-11/13 W/SCOPE. Last this year.

KACHINA KEN
    74 degrees, middle of Nov and were still boating Sucks to be E coast about right now.

Squirtin Thunder
    4 1/2 hours for you with a boat. Sweater weather at night, or hell break out the leather. 74 during the day and 55 at night.
    http://wwwa.accuweather.com/forecast...day=7&metric=0
    Is there gas on the island ???
    How many big boats ???

Sherpa
    you guys going bugging? bringin some steel for the YFT?
    wish I was closer...............
    --Sherpa

KACHINA KEN
    Is there gas on the island ???
    How many big boats ???
    Yup I can get gas prices if you want, about 15 scope guys commiting so far. A few HB folks milling it over and 1 got there a week early ( Force 26)

Squirtin Thunder
    Yup I can get gas prices if you want, about 15 scope guys commiting so far. A few HB folks milling it over and 1 got there a week early ( Force 26)
    No thats OK. I haven't made the run in a very long time, so I would have to run with someone with a bigger boat first before I even think of taking mine.

MBlaster
    No thats OK. I haven't made the run in a very long time, so I would have to run with someone with a bigger boat first before I even think of taking mine.
    Meh...2 weeks ago my brother in law rode his Honda turbo aquatrax from MDR to isthmus and back. Good thing he took his handheld gps since the marine layer rolled in on the way back.

Jyruiz
    We use to make that trip every year (LB to Catalina) with our SeaDoos, it was a blast.

KACHINA KEN
    you guys going bugging? bringin some steel for the YFT?
    wish I was closer...............
    --Sherpa
    Are you talking about lobster? I am not going to make it this year, I want to take my brother on his "Discovery Scuba' dive. Get him hooked on it.

KACHINA KEN
    Bollacs ST, any boat can make it. Come run with us dude. There is so much dis-information about who and what can run in the salt. 30 yrs ago there were not any runabouts much bigger than 21' and they all went to Catalina. This island and the experience of her is for everyone who has an adventurous heart , this island changed how I look at boating and really helps me balance out, its awesome and you need to do this.

bilgewiper
    Bollacs ST, any boat can make it. Come run with us dude. There is some much dis-information about who and what can run in the salt. 30 yrs ago there were not any runabouts much bigger than 21' and they all went to Catalina. This island and the experience of her is for everyone who has an adventurous heart , this island changed how I look at boating and really helps me balance out, its awesome and you need to do this.
    Yep, my parents used to run out to Catalina in the late 50's with their 15' flatbottom skiboat. If they left early and it was foggy they would just follow the ferry boat till the fog cleared. Nothing but a boy scout compass. I was a baby then so they left me home.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast