Thread: Hallcraft ad from 1963...

V-DRIVE VIDEO

dmontzsta
    Way cool Jerry.
    Too bad it wasnt that cheap still.

johnmiller
    Just a little story about Jim and Earl Hall, owners of Hallcraft. I used to drive down to their place and pick up hardware from 1963 - 1971. Just after the Watts riot (about 2 weeks after), I had to go down there. They were right smack in the middle of the riot!!!!! Their place was NOT touched!!!!! I told Jim wow you were lucky! He said no, we were not lucky, we have always been real nice to all the people in the local area, so they did not damage our place.
    Later Earl passed away and Jim and his family moved to Redding CA and opened a machine shop about the same time we moved to Santa Maria, around 1972.
    We religously used Hallcraft hardware in all our early flatties. My dad and Jim were really close, and Jim would make special designs for us. The double set of fins in the ad was one of the pieces my dad asked Jim to make, along with a special strut that had the water pickup in the front of the strut web and base.

Schiada76
    Jerry, What's the phone #? I need to order some parts.
    Is this sale just for the weekend or does it go for the whole month? :idea:

wsuwrhr
    Cool ad Jerry,
    I would like to order a prop puller and rudder.
    Brian

AZKC
    $1.50 T-shirt

MoJetBoPar
    I NEED at least one "dragster tach bracket".

1Bahnerjet
    when you use the "Inflation" Calulator those prices, even when adjusted for inflation, are Cheap. (t-shirt '63 $1.50 - 2005 $9.16)
    http://www.westegg.com/inflation/

Jim Hall
    My dad and I were close friends with Earl and Jim and when not working on our Guasti we were at their shop picking up parts and hanging out. My Dad was at their shop when the riots broke out and actually had stuff thrown at him,pretty crazy! Earl had a bad ass Hallet with side oiler 427 ford that I always wondered where it ended up.