Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: "GUCCI" BOATERS

LOWRIVER2
    Wow, all this hoopla, I guess Wicky was smart after all moving to Idaho. While I'm not a part of it, the group Froggystyle brought up is a bunch of boaters looking to have fun in/around boats. You'd probably have fun with em and have a new group of friends to hang/ stick with when idiots raise their heads.
    Being a lawman myself, I tend to stay away from any crowds in general as I get enough attitude from the masses (it's really spelled: them asses)I've seen the gangsters at Havasu, you guys will overcome them by numbers, just remember to back each other (boaters) up, you're the ones in control and you WILL win by numbers. Hell, forget the gangsters, I'd stay away from Havasu on big weekends for the jacked up hotel rooms, crowded launch ramps and new boaters who think it's okay to load the boat as it's put in the water.
    As for licenses, vote in/ call you're congress people, the times have changed, unlike gated neighborhoods in South Orange county, you can't "price out" or "regulate out" what you consider "undesirables" at public places.
    Happy boating with the masses on holidays
    Nothing against Havasu but there's lots of other places to boat and have fun without crowds (or just the crowds you don't like), just look around.
    LowRiver

RiverLife
    RUN2RIVER, what is your e-mail address, e-mail it to me?! http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif
    RL (Jason)

Sandbar Mike
    Guy guys I have to get a take on this/
    without offending and sayn chollo, nig** or white bullshit trash MO FO.
    People shouldn't wear there bandana's, Hair nets to the river,and most of all if you and your friends have no mode of water transportation get the fu** out.(unless your female of course). I can remember the days where every person who drove buy you waved or smiled. Don't get me wrong, they still do but not as much.
    To end on a good note,
    If someone getting harassed or punked and needs some help, give it to him.
    I hope youll do the same for me.
    LowRiver2,I Couldn't aggree with you more.
    Thats just my opinion I may be wrong.
    Mike

RiverDave
    So the problem is Gang Bangers in Havasu.. And the solution is to make all the Normal Boaters get licenses? Hey I got an idea.. How about 0 tolerance on alcohol for boat drivers? They shouldn't be drinking in the first place right?
    You know what a boat is a dangerous place.. You could fall off and hit your head on something.. We better make it zero tolerance for the passengers too.. Just to make sure there "Qualified" to ride shotgun we should make them get permits? After all a bad dock hand can very easily injure people in a crowded situation as well. What do ya guys think of a license to tie a rope?
    I don't mean to be an asshole, but if the problem is "gang bangers" then figure out a way to inconvenience them not us.. Call the rental agency and tell them how you feel about the people that rented the boat.. Tell them that you will complain to the city and eventually get rentals shut down becuase of lack of proper instruction while renting a boat. But for god sakes keep legislation out of boating.. We already have enough laws in this country and too many regarding boating..
    It's going to be a sad day when I take my kids to the river and I have to put them into there "protective bubble." Ya know when that helmet law came out in California it was the general consensus that there was no way that thing was going to pass.. So much for the "wind in the hair feeling." Another right taken away.. (I'm not saying don't wear a helmet, I'm just saying it should be a choice)
    I can't hardly believe that anyone would be for more legislation.. Once you give them the ok they don't ever stop..
    Plus the more laws you make and the less people have to think for themselves, the LESS they do think for themselves..
    Look at people who sue and WIN becuase the vending machine that they were rocking fell on them.. Becuase there wasn't a warning sticker saying if they do that they could get hurt.. ?? What the ****? If I was that judge I would've laughed that guy all the way out of court..
    [This message has been edited by RiverDave (edited March 18, 2002).]

1quickjet
    Originally posted by Sandbar Mike:
    If someone getting harassed or punked and needs some help, give it to him.
    I hope youll do the same for me.
    F'N A right Mike! I always got a brotha's back! Even though I took some crap for it on these boards a while back. Great point, help out another boater if he/she is outnumbered by any river scum.

BADHTMSR24
    I have only heard rumors on some of the other forums that i am on,but i did hear that there was automatic weapon fire at the mouth of some channel or some part of the lake that was being closed off due to the partying/fighting problem. Is that true or just a rumor. I have wanted to come to Lake Havasu for a while now and this was going to be my first time,i am very easy to get along with but i can not stand them uneducated gangbangers and would not be responsible for some street thugs head that was ****ing with my hot little wife in her thong. Unfortunately i have a very bad temper once someone gets it out of me.The bad thing is they dont fight with fists anymore and it doesnt matter how bad a person is ,they cant stop a bullet.

Jrocket
    Originally posted by RiverDave:
    Hey I got an idea.. How about 0 tolerance on alcohol for boat drivers? They shouldn't be drinking in the first place right?
    Well RD.I think we disagree.I dont think the person driving should drink at all.NO I dont.Theres no reason too.My opinion....JR

ratso
    C'mon JR...Maybe just one or two. Where I'm at they do breathalyzers on the lake. Right now it is borderline harassment even if the passengers drink. One guy I know used to get belligerent and buzz by skiers and houseboaters at 90mph, then last July he was so drunk that he forgot to latch his trailer and did $5000 in damage, no insurance and he can't pay me all the money yet, everybody is HAPPY now. One less idiot this year.

Jrocket
    Ratso....That was funny..HEHEHE..JR

Skaterfast
    Without taking a whole page.Here it is in a nut shell.
    1.Los Angeles & Orange Counties = 5,000,000 people give or take.
    2.One river(Colorado)with 3 or 4 lakes.Give or take.
    3.One out of fifteen families own boats,give or take.
    4.What this equals is chaos.
    It could be so much worse.We should be happy that the starting price for a boat is around 30k.This is at least keeping some of the rif raf away.What makes me laugh is that you can win a 16 foot Bayliner on Wheel of Fortune and drive it the next day at 50mph.I guarantee that some day in the near future the only boaters you will see on Havasu are those that have an address there.So much for keeping it short.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast