Thread: Is a Bnerlog valve compatable with magnito ignition?

BAH468
    I currently have a Vertex mag and would like to install a Banderlog valve to control the water flow to my headers. The valve is electronic and senses rpm from the ignition system to determine when to open. Can I hook up the valve to the magneto primary terminal as I would hook it up to a coil in a standard ignition system?

Floored
    try the Banderlog forum and send a msg to Jim Lee, he's back on line now and can answer this for you.

jim lee
    Well, I been lookin' into it. Called Vertex and they were no help whatsoever. I don't think the guy I got on the phone had ever seen a magnito. He kept going on about a tach drive for a cable tach. I told him that you had an Autometer tach running off your Mag and he was just floored. So he gave me Autometer's number. (at least that was a little help)
    Autometer -was- more helpful. Although all I could get was a salesman. They -do- make some sort of Magnito -> Tach electrical converter box. No one was there to tell me what the output of this box was, so I don't really know if it'll work. But so far its the best bet we have. (Fingers crossed)
    Still working on it. If anyone knows Magnitos at all, please chime in. 'Cause I have no experience with them.
    -jim lee

jim lee
    Well, I just got off the phone with Autometer. They have a little black box PN #9118 that takes the magnito signal going to your kill switch and turns it into a standard 12 pulse signal that the watervalve should have no problem reading.
    Cory from autometer : (815) 895-8141 EX:293
    That should solve the problem. 12V pulse is what we test all the valve with here at the "factory".
    -jim lee

DEL51
    Could you use a Banderlog valve to activate water to the intercooler.I have split my water out into a "Y" and one leg has a basset ball/spring to feed the headers and intercooler.

jim lee
    Intercooler? Never thought of that.
    Never having played around with any intercoolers, I know nearly nothing about them...
    Can't you run water thru the intercoler all the time? Do you need to shut it off at low RPM?
    Don't you run a LOT more water thru an intercooler than you would thru injected headers?
    -jim lee

Timer
    For Jim Lee:
    Is there any problem with using your valve in a V-drive, considering how water is picked up compared to a jet where it's pumped into the system?