Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: 557 scat

HOSS
    Bump on Blue Thunder.

LakesOnly
    Bump on Blue Thunder.Alright then, Hoss, here is a potential offer:
    Bob's motor currently has a possible buyer for the entire engine, less boat parts and induction. The entire long block would be installed into a '60's Fairlane. This person expressing interest seems to be moving a little slowly, and so I asked Bob if he might be interested in selling the just heads off the motor...something we've considered only as a last resort.
    Bob has decided to tell the interested party that he has about ten days to make up his mind, and after that the motor and/or any of it's components are fair game.
    So, what is being offered to you here is the assembled, professionally ported Blue Thunder SCJ heads off this engine:
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...0JBB572no1.jpg
    Blue Thunder SCJ Heads
    Chevy exhaust flange (these are the best of the three types of SCJ heads that Blue Thunder has to offer)
    Fully assembled: stainless valves, springs, retainers, locks, studs and guide plates
    Professionally ported: .750" = 380/270 (without pipe) @ 28" on 4.625" bore
    Very, very low hours, and with pump gas compression at that
    $2350. These heads were purchased brand new and set up with all brand new parts. They have $800 worth of port work done to them.
    Again, in about ten days, we will know if they are available.
    LO

HOSS
    Lets do it!

HOSS
    What cc are these heads Paul?

LakesOnly
    Hoss, I told Jet Boat Bob that you are a serious buyer and that the guy with the Fairlane needs to be told to "step up" or release interest in the motor. No more tire kickin' from him. When I have the formal answer about the heads, I'll let you know via right here or PM. Also, I may be able to post the flow sheets.
    I'll have your answers for you shortly; stand by, and call me if you need to. If this works out in your favor (likely), then I'll just hook you up directly with Jet Boat Bob and you can handle the deal between yourselves.
    LO

HOSS
    Thanks.

LakesOnly
    Hoss, got the word tonight. The ported and flowed Blue Thunders off the 572 are yours, buddy. I have a flow sheet too, but you will get hard copy along with the heads. Judging by my interpretation of the flow sheets, I'd say that these heads were ported for good, solid mid-lift flow and that this will be awesome on your 557 jet boat application. Flow is pretty consistent from runner to runner, too. 2.30 Intake & 1.82 Exhaust valves, etc.
    Don't forget that the special headers with the chebby flange (already fitted to these BT heads) are also available, along with any other mating parts you may need. For example, you may want to consider the SVO rockers (same as Crane Gold Series) and the pushrods so that these heads are a true bolt-on deal. No pressure, just putting it out there. As I said before, all parts brand spanking new for this low hours motor.
    Will PM you and/or give you a call. At that time, I will be hooking you up with Bob (his phone number, etc.)
    LO

HOSS
    Ok, want it all except the headders. I need to be wet. Get the whole role out minus pipes.
    Thanks,
    James
    Custom Muffler & Auto Repair
    1349 Veterans Memorial Blvd.
    Kenner, LA 70062
    504-305-5167

LakesOnly
    Will do, stand by. Contact info will also be included.
    LO

HOSS
    Looking for a tunnel ram and 2 850`s now. Bigger is better. What cam in your opinion.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast