Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 557 scat

LakesOnly
    Hoss,
    I just PM'd you Bob's contact info. Also, he has all your contact info. You two guys can take care of the rest from here on out; I'm just hooking you two up.
    look at the motor in the above pics and see if there are any other marine parts that you need. The more parts you buy, the bigger the price break. The deal you have struck to date stands, and there is no obligation to buy anything more.
    Bob and a mutual friend of ours shipped me a disassembled world record setting motor from Bob's shop and it arrived here in perfect shape, so go get your heads!
    LO
    p.s. You keep asking about cams...don't worry about your cam just yet. Get all your other componentry together first.

dmontzsta
    Congrats Hoss, you will love those heads.

After looking at a set of Blue Thunders you will ask yourself, "Why isnt' every head made like this?" AT's finished product is by far the nicest stuff I see.

HOSS
    Thanks,,,will deal with this Monday. Stompin out fires in the shop today. Seems I must have an advertisement out there that I do everything fro free at this shop now.

HOSS
    10.5 for the whole damn thang. Phuc..........started on the other mill already.

HOSS
    Waiting on delivery. Paul, what is the cc of the chamber? Need to order pistons.

LakesOnly
    Right on, Hoss. You will be very pleased with your purchase.
    In regards to combustion chamber volume: I don't know whether or not the chambers were reworked on these heads or if cc's are stock. You probably could have asked Bob. Knowing Charlie (the person that ported these heads) there is at least some valve unshrouding in the combustion chambers, etc as part of the flow work. As I recall, the BT combustion chamber shape and size is very much like that of the Motorsport CJ & SCJ heads, or about 74 cc's...Straub may have the exact factory issue combustion chamber volume, I can't recall exactly. One thing nice about the BT's over the other CJ-style heads is that the I & E valve placement is ever so slightly widened so as to accomdate those oversize valves that your heads have (and SCJ's cannot accomodate as delivered).
    Next time I talk to Charlie, I'll pick his brain for combustion chamber work on those heads.
    LO

HOSS
    Thanks.
    Man, if timing was right (Katrina and my new build) I would have bought the whole damn mill. 10.5 for it was a steal. He still has everything else. May have to contact him on intake. That intake looks killer.
    He gave me a really good deal on the headders too! 350 OTD! Can`t beet that with a stick. Can`t use my engine cover now and I can lose the exhaust fan which frees up a circuit.
    Thanks again LakesOnly! Merry Christmas.

LakesOnly
    Hoss,
    I just spoke to Jet Boat Bob...I wanted to say thanks for your purchase on the BT heads, et al, off the 572 engine. In effect, you helped the motor completely sell because after you bought the top end, the Fairline guy came back and bought the short block less marine parts! So I will be listing the jet boat parts in a new listing here on ***boat.
    Thanks again,
    LO

HOSS
    Yeah, I don`t really want the intake as I really feel the A460 is my best route. The 2 1050`s are priced right at 500 each but am still looking at flowed Barry Grants the same size. The distributor is priced right as well but I want a digital and have a 4c box already installed.
    All in all I`m glad it worked out for everyone.