Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Amp?

ROZ
    Hey ROZ, mid-way through this post, I looked for your opinion on ported vs. sealed for what I plan to run. Would you take a look at the post for me? I value your opinion.
    I just came back to this....
    Going between sealed or ported depends on what you're trying to achieve with bass response curve and output...
    Naturally the ported enclosure will allow you to gain more output.
    Sealed ensclosures are reatively simple, although a little ineffecient, and good response curve.
    Some pros for ported are that they are more effecient with a power to spl ratio, you can get deeper bass being 1/3 of an octave lower that the same speaker in a sealed enclosure, and a reduction of bass distortion due to reduced cone motion....
    The cons are that they're more difficult to compute correctly, make sure the enclosure is completely sealed with the exception of the port( any leaks will change how the speaker reacts), possible port noise, and over excursion at high volume that will blow your speaker if you don't install or use the amp's subsonic filter.

Beer-30
    Thank you, sir.

shadow
    Whats a good 4 or 5 channel amp to push about 600 to 1000 watts. I want something good qualtiy that will push my whole system. Thanks Rob
    Rob,Go to pep boys and don't settle for less.You'll be sorry later.
    Buck up now and spend the $$$ on a KRACO. :wink:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12