Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tunnel Hull/Fuel Pump Question

likeFATHERlikeSON3
    How do you guys that have tunnels have your fuel pump mounted. I am having trouble w/ mine losing prime because i cant have it gravity fed w/ the tunnels in the way. I was thinking of going to one at each tank. Any other suggestions?

bigblockbill
    I had that problem last summer. What I found out was there was a small leak in one of the SS braided lines coming from one of the fuel tanks to the filter. It would work once I got everything primed for a while but then after I parked the boat it would loose a prime again. What was happening is the hole was soo small it would suck air in but not leak fuel out. I did not end up finding it until the hole got big enough to leak fuel.

502 JET
    I was running a Holley blue pump and having this problem.My pump was mounted a little lower than middle of the tanks with a fuel water separator mounted inside of the center pod just high enough to remove the filter.My fuel pick ups are mounted in the top of the tanks.My fuel pressure was fine but some times it wouldn't pick up fuel after sitting.Then one day the pump blew a fuse.I took apart the pump and found one of the magnets in the motor came unepoxied from the housing and was running like that for some time.I cleaned the motor up and and re epoxied the magnet and saved it for a spare.After I installed a new pump I never had any problems Not sure if any of this helps you but this was my problem.

Heatseeker
    Hey Ryan, what's up cuz?
    Have you been running your boat?

cyclone
    I had trouble with my fuel pump priming when the pump was mounted on the rail kit, which is about level with the tanks. I ended up mounting it to the rear of the flywheel cover, which is nearly even with the bottom of the tanks. haven't had a problem since.

steelcomp
    This is how I had mine...Holley "Black" pump, -8 lines from the tanks to a T, then -10 from the T to the pump. Never had any troubles at all. The -8 lines are the same length so as to try and draw from each tank evenly. Pump is activated by a relay instead of switching the hot wire directly. This makes a big difference in pump life.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...729before4.jpg

likeFATHERlikeSON3
    thanks everyone
    hey john...im good except for this damn boat. Hopefully i will get it running so i can make it up this summer.

Liberator TJ1984
    Mine is mounted pretty close as Steelcomp's but on the outside of the stringer, up and down...my fuel line lays down into the tunnel for a couple of feet though before pump, as tanks were moved forward some....w/Comp 250 pump ....no problems here

billet racing
    I welded bungs to the rear of the tanks, down low. About 2 inches from the bottom. Mounted the fuel pumps right at the tank. Each pump fuels a carb. Using Barry Grant HP 250's. I know the Coast Gaurd does not like this, but it works great.
    Jerry

Heatseeker
    Ry, are you going to be up the lake next week for the paint party?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast