Thread: Tday at Dove Springs

coolchange
    Took the annual trip to Dove Springs again. Camper was down, bikes are still apart, buggy not even close, so we threw the tent in the truck and hauled Thurs. morning. Brothers, wives, parents, kids and close friends. Fried 2 turkeys and evryone brought their favorite sides. Sat down at 2:00 and ate dinner wearing t-shirts and shorts. Man it was nice out there. Got cold at dusk but about 8:00 had to unzip the jackets and take off the hats. Kicked it by the fire with some Boilo and hit the sack. Then.....
    about 4am the wind came up. In the tent it was like trying to sleep in a flag. Blew steady most of the day Fri. Took a small ride to Bishops grave, made a loop around and back to camp. Waited to see if the wind would stop after dusk and it didn't, so we waded up the tent ( to windy to even fold the tent) and threw it in the back of the truck and headed home. Called this morning and they said it blew so hard they thought it was going to blow the trailers off the jacks!
    So for those Dove Spring regulars you were better off WHEREVER you went as long as it wasn't Dove Springs!

Mod VP
    Thanks :rollside: Now I don't feel as bad that I had to fricken work.I hope it's not like that on New Years out there....

marty722
    WE were tossing it back and fourth and we didn't go thank you for the info. WE were out there one yr and the wind blew so hard the motorhomes were rocking back and fourth so hard it even scared the heck out of me. That;s the bad part of Dove Springs.... I will see what the group says when they get back. I know they will tell me it was great weather and no wind... Ya right!!!!!!

SoCal_fun
    Beautiful out there today, but your right, we thought we were gonna get blown over on Friday nite/Saturday morning. It sucked big time. But we made the best of it and got some good rides in. Had a blast with the crew and nobody got hurt, so it was a good trip!!
    Thanks all, you know who you are!! :rollside:

JetBoatRich
    We camped off of Aquaduct road about 5 miles from the 178
    Friday night was a ride for sure, worst I have ever seen :yuk: Sure glad we were in an RV. We made the best of it and had great rides. Last night it quit and was an awesome night, hanging out by the camp fire and a good night sleep from NO WIND This morning was incredible and had a good ride over to Dove Springs, weather was perfect and hated to leave :yuk:
    try it again on New Years