Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The desert blew . . .

My Man's Sportin' Wood
    Man! Did it blow out there or what? Did the folks who went to Glamis get it as bad as those of us up at Ocotillo/Salton Sea? The wind kicked up at about 10 o'clock on Friday night, just as the guys were getting back from a night run. We couldn't even see across our camp there was so much sand in the air. It eased up in the morning, then kicked back up in the afternoon. It slowed down at 8 or 9, so we built a big huge fire in celebration, but then the wind came back, so everyone went to bed.
    Not much socializing done in our group this weekend. We went to bed early 2 nights in a row, but slept like crap with the wind shakin' the camper all night. Not my best trip out there.

nodigg
    It was blowin' in Havi last night! BIG TIME!

76ANTHONY
    Man! Did it blow out there or what? Did the folks who went to Glamis get it as bad as those of us up at Ocotillo/Salton Sea? The wind kicked up at about 10 o'clock on Friday night, just as the guys were getting back from a night run. We couldn't even see across our camp there was so much sand in the air. It eased up in the morning, then kicked back up in the afternoon. It slowed down at 8 or 9, so we built a big huge fire in celebration, but then the wind came back, so everyone went to bed.
    Not much socializing done in our group this weekend. We went to bed early 2 nights in a row, but slept like crap with the wind shakin' the camper all night. Not my best trip out there.
    dam that sucks, big trip planned and foiled by fricken wind.. next time bring enough booze to get over the wind

RiverRatMike
    yeah the wind at my place in Parker sucked bad! Started blowing there around 2pm Saturday in the afternoon and never let up. Left there tonight Sunday and it was still blowing cold!!!!!!!!!! :cry:

Squirtin Thunder
    It is suposed to drop to 32* tonight !!!

Mrs. casean
    We were at Superstition and it blew bad Friday night then was windy but not awful on Saturday then kicked up in the evening on Saturday night! It sucked! We left by 8:30 this morning... no traffic! What the heck! We thought we'd hit a little at least! It was great! I hope you all had a great weekend besides the wind And a great Turkey Day!!

77charger
    was at glamis thur night til today.Fri was very nice saturday got pretty breezy during the day.Then later at night it howled blew tents over,etc alot of people just packed up and left wash 15 was pretty empty this mornin.But it was just back to strong breeze.Mt brother went for a mornin ride said it was perfect out there.

Beer Factor
    took me 6 hours to get there from Corona, had some good fun railin at night, and then in the morning, took me 41/2 hours to get home! was a good time, but I went and left at the wrong times! was a good time for the short while I was there, but visibility was pretty harsh on friday night, about 10 feet!
    (Midlife Advantage on Beer Factors sign on)

lalhc
    The wind stopped blowing here in Havasu late this afternoon, but it's still chilly.

KACHINA KEN
    http://wwwa.accuweather.com
    cures probs before they happen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast