Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jet history

kachina_labala
    According to the December 2005 issue of Boating Magizine Benjamin Franklin proposed a pump powered boat in 1785.

kachina_labala
    And Alexander Graham Bell's boat was the first recorded boat to do 70 mph. He acomplished it in 1919 at a speed of 70.86 mph

maxwedge
    I find it somewhat depressing that he had a faster boat then, than I do now.

Squirtin Thunder
    I find it somewhat depressing that he had a faster boat then, than I do now.
    No its just funny !!!

And Alexander Graham Bell's boat was the first recorded boat to do 70 mph. He acomplished it in 1919 at a speed of 70.86 mph
    Heck, that must mean that he invented the first gps or radar gun too then. Otherwise...........how the heck would they know they were doing eactly 70.86 mph.

572Daytona
    Heck, that must mean that he invented the first gps or radar gun too then. Otherwise...........how the heck would they know they were doing eactly 70.86 mph.
    Um..distance divided by time maybe? :idea:

lucky
    who ever invented the crapper , invented the bowl , thus creating the only usuable version of a jet poop , ammm i mean pump

Gearhead
    Speaking of crapper..... someone recently told me this.... that the crapper was invented by Thomas Crapper.... Crapper Plumbing Co. (http://www.thomas-crapper.com/history04.htm)
    So, the crapper was invented by a Brit.... I hope he does not take credit for the "bowl" too....
    Well, this thread is turning crappy.... i'm outa here.

lucky
    Speaking of crapper..... someone recently told me this.... that the crapper was invented by Thomas Crapper.... Crapper Plumbing Co. (http://www.thomas-crapper.com/history04.htm)
    So, the crapper was invented by a Brit.... I hope he does not take credit for the "bowl" too....
    Well, this thread is turning crappy.... i'm outa here.
    gotta love the internet - :boxed:

Gearhead
    © Thomas Crapper & Co. Ltd.
    'THOMAS CRAPPER' AND 'CRAPPER' ARE TRADE-MARKS.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast